Super Bowl Starter: Woodbridge Bowl Balls
Woodbridge Bowl Balls and Cabernet Honey Mustard. (Courtesy Photo)
Need a quick, delicious appetizer for your Super Bowl
bash? Whip up these Sausage Balls and Cabernet Honey Mustard.
Woodbridge Bowl Balls:
Prep + Cook Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 30-40 sausage balls
• 1 cup cornmeal
• 8 ounce block of sharp cheddar cheese, grated
• 1/2 tsp kosher salt
• 2 tbsp chopped
• 1-pound ground spicy sausage (or mild if you prefer)
• 3 oz cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then spray parchment paper with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir cornmeal, cheddar cheese, salt and thyme together.
3. In a separate bowl, combine sausage and cream cheese with your hands.
4. Add sausage mixture to cornmeal mixture and combine the two. Your dough will be dry and crumbly, and somewhat difficult to combine. Form 1-ounce balls and place on baking sheet one inch apart.
5. Bake at 350º for 20 minutes.
Cabernet Honey Mustard:
• 2/3 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
• 1 cup of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2 fresh thyme sprigs
1. Add all Cabernet Honey Mustard ingredients to a medium saucepan, bring to medium heat. Stirring often, cook for 20-25 minutes or until sauce has reduced by about half. Remove thyme sprigs, and serve in a bowl alongside sausage balls.
2. Enjoy sausage balls hot or at room temperature, serving with Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: February 1, 2018, 2:11 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> recipes