"Town & Country
's Top 10 Most Expensive Sales Report for 2016 is the 'Year of the Great Divide'," noted Judi A. Desiderio, Town & Country Real Estate Chief Executive Officer, in the report. "More so than any other year."
The top spot went to American business magnate, producer, film studio executive, and philanthropist David Geffen
's purchase of 199 Lily Pond from the Estate of Josephine Chaus for $70 million. And the 5th highest sale on the list, 26 Actors Colony Road in North Haven, was actor Richard Gere
's property, which along with a main estate included two additional guest houses.
Another Lily Pond Lane property earned the second spot with its $63,800,000 sale, and after that, there was a significant price difference with the rest of the list, in regards to the top two most expensive sales. "2012 was the last time #3 was in the $20 million's. In fact, the #10 rank at $15.99 of 1225 Flying Point Road brings us back to 2010, which was the lowest ranking Top 10 with a consolidated Total Sales Volume of just under $200 million."
"The best year for high end sales was clearly 2014 with nearly $450 million changing hands in just the Top 10 Sales," noted Desiderio. "2016's total was $355,615,300."
Hamptons Top Ten Most Expensive Sales of 2016:
1. 199 Lily Pond Lane, East Hampton ($70,000,000) - Chaus Josephine to David Geffen
2. 101 Lily Pond Lane, East Hampton ($63,800,000) - Scott Bomer to Michal S. Smith
3. Squabble Lane, Southampton ($27,500,000) - Sullivan Catherine Mcd to Berger Irving, Forstmann J Anthony, etc
4. 196 Bay Lane, Water Mill ($27,250,000) - Emanuel, Elizabeth Stern to Calf Creek LLC
5. 26 Actors Colony Road, Sag Harbor ($23,935,500) - Tushita Trust to 26 Actors Colony LLC
6. 77 Ox Pasture Road, Southampton ($23,614,800) - Scott, Courtney Goldstein to Ox Pasture Properties LLC
7. 207 Highland Terrace, Southampton ($22,000,000) - Highland Terrace Realty to Hampton Highland LLC
7. 315 Rose Hill Road, Water Mill ($22,000,000) - Andrew Borrok to 315 Rose Hill Holdings LLC
7. 93 Lily Pond Lane, East Hampton ($22,000,000) - Scott Bomer to 93 Lpl LLC
8. 313 Dune Road, Bridgehampton ($19,525,000) - Jeff Blau to 313 Dune Road LLC
9. 26 West End Avenue, East Hampton ($18,000,000) - 26 EastHampton LLC to Villadom Corp
10. 1225 Flying Point Road, Water Mill ($15,990,000) - Atlantic
Property, Tracy Landow to Illawarra LLC
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com