Attending a fancy New Year's Eve soiree? Glam up your look by recreating Lily Collins' wispy Critics' Choice hairstyle, which Collins' stylist, Gregory Russell, created using Matrix products.
"I was inspired by Lily's Ellie Saab gown to create a romantic, prairie goth, 70's inspired look with a modern texture," noted Russell.
How To Achieve The Look:
Collins' stylist, Gregory Russell, created the look using Matrix. (Photo: David Crotty/PMC)
1. On damp hair, create a center part. Apply one pump of the Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to the roots in the crown and one pump of Matrix Style Link Minerals Mineral Booster to the lengths.
2. Blow dry straight using a round brush. Pin the crown section to cool for added volume.
3. Once cooled, brush out hair and add Matrix Style Link Height Riser Volumizing Powder to the crown for a messy, voluminous look. Distribute a pearl-sized amount of Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer the ends for movement and texture.
4. Take the front quarter of the hair and twist it back gathering more hair and pinning as you work to the nape of the neck. Repeat on the other side.
5. Loop and knot the lengths to create a messy knot. Pull some stray pieces around the nape and face and spray with Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray for a lasting, wispy finish.