Holiday Eats: Black Olive Pesto Pizzette From "Savoring SIMI: Since 1876"
Black Olive Pesto Pizzette. (Courtesy Photo)
SIMI Winery launched its new wine pairing cookbook, Savoring SIMI: Since 1876
, just in time for the holidays. The cookbook celebrates the 140th anniversary of SIMI Winery as well as SIMI's rich history in Sonoma County. It includes an assortment of timeless recipes from past and present SIMI Winery chefs, including the Black Olive Pesto Pizzette recipe that is featured below. The Pizzette pairs well with the SIMI Winery Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon.
Black Olive Pesto Pizzette:
Yield: Makes 16 pizzettes
• 2 cans pitted black olives
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts
• 1 /2 cup olive oil
• 3/4 cup grated Asiago cheese
• 1 package (2 small sheets) frozen puff pastry
1. Preheat oven to 450°F degrees.
Defrost pastry and cut into 16 rounds. Place on lightly greased baking sheet.
2. Drain olives. Cut half of them into slices and place in a small bowl.
3. Place garlic and pine nuts in food processor fitted with steel blade and chop fine.
4. Add whole olives, cheese and oil and puree. Mix by hand with the sliced olives in the bowl.
5. Spread olive pesto over the center of each round. Bake for 15 minutes, or until pastry edges are browned.
For more information about Savoring SIMI: Since 1876, visit www.simiwinery.com.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: December 8, 2016, 1:54 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> recipes