You Don’t Have To Be A Pirate To Celebrate National Rum Day
Cruzan® Black Strap Belle. (Courtesy Photo)
Skip the tequila this taco Tuesday and make like Johnny Depp in Pirates of the Caribbean
by celebrating National Rum Day (Tuesday, August 16th) instead.
Cruzan® Black Strap Belle: (Created by Tiffanie Barriere, Atlanta)
Willie Juancho and The Chocolate Factory. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Cruzan® Black Strap Rum
• 2 parts Coconut Water
• 1 teaspoon Honey Syrup*
• Squeeze of Half Fresh Lime
• 6 dashes of Angostura® Bitters
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker over ice and shake well. Pour into a rocks or tiki glass over fresh crushed ice. Garnish with nutmeg.
• 1 part warm Water
• 1 part Honey
Directions: Combine equal parts honey and warm water. Shake/Stir to dissolve.
Willie Juancho and The Chocolate Factory:
• 1.5 oz. Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
• .5 oz. Dark Creme de Cacao
• Instant Coffee
Stir Diplomático and Crème de Cacao. Wet the rim of a snifter glass with lime and dip in instant coffee. Pour in prepared snifter glass.
Mother Jamaica Daiquiri: (Created by Willy Shine)
Mother Jamaica Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Appleton Estate Signature Blend
• 1 part Appleton Estate Rare Blend 12 Year Old
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• 1/4 part Black Strap Molasses
• 3/4 part Vanilla Demerara Simple Syrup (1-1)
Shake and strain into a frozen coupe, garnish with orange oil and peel and dust of nutmeg and blue mountain coffee grounds.
Rum Mule. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 part Havana Club Añejo Clásico
• 2 parts chilled Ginger Beer
• 2 Lime wedges
• 2 dashes Aromatic Bitters
Fill highball glass with ice and squeeze in lime wedges. Pour in Havana Club Añejo Clásico rum and ginger beer. Complete by adding a dash of bitters and stir gently.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: August 12, 2016, 12:28 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> mixology