An Easy DIY Holiday Gift: Cabernet Sauvignon Infused Cranberry Jam
DIYers why not showoff your skills this holiday season by creating a flavorful gift for loved ones? A Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon makes a beautiful and tasty present.
Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon:
Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 pound whole cranberries, fresh or frozen (about 5 cups)
• 1 cup SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches)
• zest of half an orange or tangerine, removed with a Microplane grater
• zest of half a lemon, removed with a Microplane grater
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/4 cup walnut, pecans, or pistachios (or more to taste)
1. Combine the cranberries, wine, cinnamon sticks, and zests in a small pot. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the berries burst and collapse.
2. Stir in the sugar and nuts. Stirring constantly, reduce the mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened to your liking. (Note: To test the set, put a half-teaspoon of hot jam on a chilled saucer in the freezer for 60 seconds. If it's runny when cold, reduce for a minute or two longer.)
3. Pour the hot jam into jars or any other airtight container. Store the cooled jars in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: December 21, 2015, 12:48 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> recipes