Caliente Cinco de Mayo Dessert: "Chocolate Tacos"
Brooklyn based artisanal ice cream company Steve's Ice Cream created "Chocolate Tacos." (Courtesy Photo)
Finish your Cinco de Mayo meal with this chocolatey treat with a kick. Brooklyn based artisanal ice cream company Steve's Ice Cream created "Chocolate Tacos," which showcases a Mexican Chili Chocolate flavor.
• 1 pint Steve's Mexican Chili Chocolate Ice Cream
• 2 Waffle Taco Shells
• 2 tbsp of Spicy Chocolate Sauce*
• Whipped Cream and Cacao Nibs to serve
1. Scoop small scoops of Mexican Chili Chocolate into Waffle Taco to fill 3/4 of shell.
2. Drizzle 2 tbsp of Spicy Chocolate Sauce.
3. Top with whipped cream and cacao nibs to taste.
*Spicy Chocolate Sauce Recipe:
• 1 2/3 cup Dark Chocolate, roughly chopped
• 1 cup Heavy Cream
• 1 oz. Butter
• 1 tsp Chili Powder
• 1/4 tsp Cinnamon
• 1 dash of Cayenne Pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
2. Cook gently until all chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth.
3. Serve warm or cold.
4. Keeps refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: April 29, 2015, 2:06 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> recipes