Raise A Glass To All The Academy Award Nominees With One Of These Oscar-Themed Cocktails
Broadway Bramble inspired by "Birdman" or "The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance." (Courtesy Photo)
Whether they win or lose, every Academy Award nominee deserves to raise a glass and toast to their award worthy performance. So, here are six Oscars-themed cocktails to choose from as you watch Neil Patrick Harris
host the 87th Academy Awards.
Enigma was inspired by "The Imitation Game." (Courtesy Photo)
1. Broadway Bramble, inspired by "Birdman" or "The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance:"
• 2 oz. Wild Turkey 80
• 5 Blackberries
• 1 oz. Lime Sour
• Soda Water
• Blackberries, for garnish
In a Boston Shaker add all ingredients except soda water, fill with ice, cap and shake well in order to crush the blackberries. Strain into an ice filled bucket glass and top with soda water. Add blackberry garnish.
2. The Hotel Lobby, inspired by "The Grand Budapest Hotel:"
• 1 1/2 parts Skinnygirl
Meyer Lemon Vodka
• 2 parts Club Soda
• Muddled Raspberries
• Fresh Lemon Twist, for garnish
Muddle raspberries in a glass and add ice. Pour ingredients and stir. Garnish with a fresh lemon twist.
3. The Jazzy Hour, inspired by "Whiplash:"
• 1/2 part Disaronno
• 1 part Vodka
• 1/2 part Tangerine Liqueur
• 1 part Pineapple Juice
• Splash Lemon Juice
Shake with ice and strain into a martini cocktail glass. Garnish with an orange slice.
Partida Tequila Bartender Ambassador Jacques Bezuidenhout created Fiesta 75, an updated twist on the French 75. (Courtesy Photo)
4. Enigma, inspired by "The Imitation Game:"
• 1.5 oz. Azzurre Gin
• .5 oz. dry Orange Liqueur
• 3 oz. Pomegranate Juice
• 1 drop Chocolate Bitters
• Cherries, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Shake and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with a cherry.
5. Fiesta 75: (Created by Jacques Bezuidenhout, Partida Tequila Bartender Ambassador)
• 1 3/4 oz. Partida Blanco Tequila
• 1 oz. VeeV Acai Liqueur
• 3/4 oz. Fresh-squeezed Lemon Juice
• 6 Raspberries
• Champagne or Sparkling Wine
Shake all ingredients with ice except for the champagne or sparkling wine. Strain over fresh ice into a highball glass and top with champagne to finish.
The Hotel Lobby, The Jazzy Hour, and Pinnacle Best Picture. (Courtesy Photos)
6. Pinnacle Best Picture:
• 1½ parts Pinnacle Raspberry Vodka
• 1 part DeKuyper
Creme de Cocoa White Liqueur
Shake with ice and strain into a chilled martini glass. Place chocolate chips in raspberries and float in martini.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: February 19, 2015, 4:10 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> mixology