Add To The Christmas Merriment With These Ten Yuletide Cocktails
Cupcake Berry Holiday Cocktail. (Courtesy Photo)
As you patiently wait for Santa to come down the chimney and deliver the items from your carefully curated Christmas wish list, mix up one of these Yuletide-themed cocktails.
Orange Mocha Eggnog. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Red-nosed Mule:
• 1.5 oz. (BELVEDERE
• 1/2 oz. Simple Syrup
• 6 Raspberries
• 1 dash of Lime
• 1 splash of Fever Tree Ginger Beer
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour over ice into a highball. Top with Fever Tree Ginger Beer.
2. Amarula Peppermint Splash:
• 1/2 oz. Amarula Cream
• 1/2 oz. Peppermint Liqueur
• 1 oz. Fresh Cream
• Peppermint Crisp Chocolate
• Fresh Mint
Place all ingredients in cocktail shaker filled with ice, shake, and strain in to a Martini glass.
3. Apple Fashioned: (Created by Fabien Maillard of Le Lab in Montreal)
• 2 oz. Calvados Boulard Grand Solage
• 1 barspoon Sugar
• 1 dash Orange Bitter
• 1 dash Old Fashioned Bitters
In an old fashioned glass, pour the sugar and add bitters and ice. Mix for 20 seconds, add the Calvados and stir again for 15 seconds. Garnish with a slice of apple.
Niccole Trzaska of The Liberty created Seņor Gingerbread. (Courtesy Photo)
4. 2 Gingers Hot Toddy:
• 4 parts 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey
• 2 parts Agave Nectar
• 1 part Ginger Liqueur
• 1 part Lemon Juice
• A dash of aromatic Bitters
Combine ingredients in a mug. Top off with hot water, stir, and garnish by floating a lemon wheel stabbed with dry cloves.
5. Cruzan Sleigh Bell:
Choco-Spresso. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Cruzan Aged Dark Rum
• 1/2 part Sweet Vermouth
• 1/2 part Bitter Amaro
• dash of Orange Bitters
• Bing Cherry
Directions: Combine all ingredients over ice and stir. Pour into a chilled coupe. Garnish with a Bing Cherry.
6. Seņor Gingerbread: (Created by Niccole Trzaska of The Liberty)
• 1 1/2 parts Tres Agaves Blanco Tequila
• 1/4 part Ginger Liqueur
• 1 part Bailey's Vanilla Cinnamon Liqueur
Directions: Mix all ingredients over ice in a shaker. Shake and strain in a tall slim glass and top with dusted cinnamon or stick. Accompany with a gingerbread man cookie.
7. Basil Hayden's Cinnamon Sleigh Bell Sip: (Created by Natasha David)
• 2 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
• 1 part Dry Red Wine
• 1 part Lillet Rouge
• 3/4 parts Cinnamon Syrup
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• Orange Crescent
• Grated Nutmeg
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a wine glass with ice. Stir and garnish with grated nutmeg and an orange crescent.
Amarula Peppermint Splash, Cruzan Sleigh Bell, and 2 Gingers Hot Toddy. (Courtesy Photos)
8. Orange Mocha Eggnog: (Created by Garrett Farber)
• 1.5 oz. Azzurre Vodka
• 2 oz. Coconut Milk Eggnog
• .5 oz. Orange Liqueur
• 1 oz. Coffee Liqueur
Directions: Shake all ingredients with ice, serve on the rocks, and garnish with nutmeg.
9. Cupcake Berry Holiday Cocktail:
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1 cup Fresh Cranberries
• 1 oz. Ruby Red Grapefruit Vodka
• 2 oz. Cupcake Vineyards Prosecco
• 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
• 1 oz. Black Currant Juice
Directions: In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, dissolve sugar into 1 1/2 cups water. Add cranberries and simmer for 5 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat and let cool. Strain, discard liquid, and place cranberries on a tray in the freezer for at least 2 hours. Chill vodka, Prosecco, and juices, then mix in a champagne glass. Garnish with skewer of 4 or 5 frozen candied cranberries. Reserve the rest for another drink. Enjoy.
Apple Fashioned, Red-nosed Mule, and Basil Hayden's Cinnamon Sleigh Bell Sip. (Courtesy Photos)
• 2 oz. Sobieski Espresso Vodka
• 2 oz. KerryGold Irish Cream
• 2 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
• Chocolate Syrup (optional)
• Whipped Cream
Directions: In a blender, combine Sobieski Espresso Vodka, KerryGold Irish Cream, and the chocolate ice cream. Blend until smooth. Top with chocolate syrup and whipped cream. Serve.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Added: December 10, 2014, 4:49 pm
Appeared In: food and wine >> mixology