The Sag Harbor American Music Festival
will once again fill the Village with spectacular shows from Thursday, September 26 through Sunday, September 29.
The Festival will launch with two ticketed shows, followed by two days of complimentary concerts - featuring more than 30 hours of free music. Most performances will last one hour each and the Festival will boast a variety of musicians (and genres) who will showcase their talents at restaurants, stores, galleries, and other unique Sag Harbor spots.
"It's an incredible experience - being immersed in live music at every turn. Sag Harbor is a vibrant community and the festival really shines a spotlight on that," Kelly C. Dodds, Festival Founder, shared.
The 2019 iteration will premiere with Queen of Soul - A Musical Tribute to Aretha Franklin
on Thursday, September 26 at Bay Street
. The evening will feature tunes from the Hoodoo Loungers
, Pastor Bryon Preston & the Life Singers and special Broadway guest star Danyel Fulton. Doors open at 7 p.m. and the show commences at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35.
Then, on Friday, September 27, don't miss An Evening with Jane Monheit at the Old Whalers Church. Once again doors open at 7 p.m. and the Grammy nominated Jazz & Pop Vocalist will take the stage at 8 p.m. Tickets are $35.
The weekend will bring nearly 40 extraordinary complimentary sets.
Saturday, September 28:
• 10 a.m. - Escola de Samba Boom
(30-piece Percussion Ensemble) @ Windmill Beach, Long Wharf
• 10:30 a.m. - Jim Turner
Band (Blues) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage, Carruthers Alley
• 11 a.m. - Ari Seliger (singer-songwriter) @ Berry & Co, Division Street
• 11 a.m. - Goat on a Boat (musical puppet show) @ John Jermain Memorial Library, Main Street
• 11:30 a.m. - Cassandra House
(singer-songwriter) @ Matriark, Main Street
• 11:30 a.m. - Joe Delia
& Thieves (rock) @ The Whaling Museum, Main Street
• 12 p.m. - Nancy Remkus
& Mariann Megna
(singer-songwriters) @ Sag Harbor Historical Society
, Main Street
• 12:30 p.m. - Pete Mancini (alt-country) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage, Marine Park
• 1 p.m. - Edna's Kin (roots) @ Sag Harbor Inn, West Water Street
• 1 p.m. - Black & Sparrow
(rock) @ People's United Bank Lawn, Main Street
• 1:30 p.m. - Caroline Doctorow
& the Ballad Makers (singer-songwriter/folk) @ Customs House, Main Street
• 2 p.m. - Points East (acoustic country) @ GeekHampton
, Bay Street
• 2 p.m. - Dante (acoustic-rock/folk) @ Baron's Cove
, West Water Street (2-5pm)
• 2:30 p.m. - Nancy Atlas
Project (Americana/Southern rock) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage
• 3 p.m. - The Buzzards
(roots/rockabilly) @ LT Burger
, Main Street
• 3 p.m. - Jane Hastay
, Peter Weiss
& Bob Stern (jazz/instrumental) @ The American Hotel
, Main Street
• 3:30 p.m. - Ludmilla
& Marcello (singer-songwriter, Latin pop) @ Sen
Restaurant, Main Street
• 3:30 p.m. - The Montauk Project
(psychedelic rock) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage
• 4 p.m. - Unsung Heroes (jazz-rock fusion/instrumental) @ Provisions, Division Street
• 4 p.m. - Tom & Lisa Band (Americana/folk) @ Sanctuary Home, Bridge Street
• 4:30 p.m. - Soul Inscribed (Hip-Hop fusion) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage
• 5 p.m. - Alfredo Merat
Trio (world-pop fusion) @ Lulu Kitchen
• 5 p.m. - Angie Pastor (singer-songwriter) @ Faherty, Main Street
• 5:30 p.m. - Gene Casey
& the Lonesharks (rhythm & twang/rockabilly) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage
• 6 p.m. - Bodega Tall Boys (acoustic Americana blues) @ Sanctuary Home, Bridge Street
• 6 p.m. - Porch Groove (folk rock/blues) @ The Back Page, Division Street
• 6:30 p.m. - The Second Hands (singer-songwriter/folk) @ Grenning Gallery
, Main Street
• 7 p.m. - Dan Bailey Tribe
(soul/funk/reggae) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage
• 7:30 p.m. - Sofia D'Angelo (singer-songwriter) @ Keyes Gallery, Main Street
• 8 p.m. - Hopefully Forgiven
(acoustic Americana rock) @ KPASA, Main Street
Sunday, September 29:
• 12 p.m. - The Jam Session, Inc. Afro/Latin Jazz Edition (jazz/instrumental) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage, Carruthers Alley
• 1 p.m. - Mamalee Rose
& Friends (soul/blues rock) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage, Marine Park
• 2 p.m. - Underground Horns (funk/jazz/Hip-Hop) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage
• 3 p.m. - The Slocan Ramblers (bluegrass) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage
• 4 p.m. - Jake Lear (blues) @ Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage
• 5 p.m. - Inda Eaton
(Americana roots rock) @ Sag Harbor Express Stage
There will be an additional ticketed show on Saturday, September 28 featuring The Scofflaws
, Long Island Ska Legends, at Bay Street. Doors open at 8 p.m. and the show begins at 9 p.m. Tickets are $25.
The Jackson Dodds & Co. Stage is located in the alley next to the American Hotel
on Main Street and The Sag Harbor Express Stage is under the tent at Marine Park on Bay Street.
The Sag Harbor American Music Festival, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization, is championed by local businesses and the community. Proceeds raised support free live music, as well as local school music programs.
For more information, visit sagharbormusic.org.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com