Mathematicians all around the world are getting ready to commemorate Pi, the never-ending number. On Saturday, March 14th (3/14), try Chef Michael Symon
's ode to Pi Day, Knob Creek Bourbon
Salted Caramel Apple Pie.
Knob Creek Bourbon Salted Caramel Apple Pie:
Recipe serves 8
• 8 cups Granny Smith
Apples (peeled and thinly sliced)
• 1/2 cup Sugar
• 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
• 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
• 1 tablespoon Thyme Leaves (roughly chopped
• 3/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
• 1/4 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
• 2 tablespoons Knob Creek Bourbon
• 3 tablespoons Flour
• 1 Egg
• 1 tablespoon Heavy Cream
1. Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
2. Set aside until you have prepared your crust and Knob Creek Bourbon Salted Caramel.
3. Once you are ready to assemble your pie, roll out one half of the crust to fit the bottom of an 8-inch pie tin. (Note: Chef Michael Symon recommends leaving some dough hanging over the edge.)
4. Add half of the apple filling to the bottom crust.
5. Pour half of the Knob Creek Bourbon Salted Caramel on top of the filling.
6. Add the rest of the apple filling and top with remaining Knob Creek Bourbon Salted Caramel.
7. Roll out the second crust and place it on top, making sure to tuck in the edges.
8. Whisk together the egg and heavy cream until smooth.
9. Gently brush the mixture over the top crust.
10. Bake the pie at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until golden brown.
11. Remove the pie from the oven and let it set for about 1 hour, so the juices can settle.
• 2 cups Flour
• 1 teaspoon Salt
• 8 tablespoons Lard (cubed and chilled)
• 8 tablespoons Salted Butter (cubed and chilled)
• 1/2 cup Ice Water
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the flour and salt and pulse a few times.
2. Add in the lard and butter and pulse again until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
3. While continuing to pulse, continuously pour in the ice water until the dough starts to come together.
4. Remove the dough from the processor and divide in half.
5. Wrap each half separately and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Knob Creek Bourbon Salted Caramel:
• 1 cup Sugar
• 1/4 cup Knob Creek Bourbon
• 1/4 cup Heavy Cream
• 3 tablespoon Salted Butter
• Pinch of Salt
1. Place the sugar in a heavy-bottomed saucepot over medium heat.
2. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the sugar has completely dissolved and has turned an amber color.
3. Remove the saucepot from the heat and slowly whisk in the Knob Creek Bourbon, followed by the heavy cream.
4. Return the saucepot to the stove over a low heat in order to melt the mixture down (if necessary).
5. Whisk in the butter and a pinch of salt.
6. Set aside to cool.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Rosehip Partners Real Estate
Properties In The Hamptons
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Calissa is Mykonos in the Hamptons.
Our menu focuses on seafood and Greek dishes such as salt baked fish, seafood pasta and Mediterranean mezze. Our wine list has been awarded The Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator and boasts the largest selection of rosť in the Hamptons. The name Calissa is derived from the brightest constellation in the summer sky.Our sister restaurants in New York are Amali and Bar Marseille, opening 2020 in the Rockaways. Calissa offers private dining spaces for groups from 10 to 300 people. To plan your next wedding, corporate event or gathering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. 1020 MONTAUK HIGHWAY, WATER MILL
Big Brunch Box-delivered in The Hamptons
BIG BRUNCH BOX. Your favorite gourmet brunch foods for weekend eating with friends and family, ordered with ease and conveniently dropped at your doorstep in The Hamptons every Friday with fanatical attention to quality.