4th of July
wouldn't be complete without at least one elaborate, red, white and blue themed firework display. Here are five East End spots to catch a great Independence Day show.
1. The Greenport Fire Department Carnival will take place Wednesday, July 1st through Sunday, July 5th at the Polo Grounds (Moore's Lane, Greenport). The carnival opens at 6 p.m. daily and firework displays will be held on Saturday and Sunday at 10 p.m. For more information, visit www.greenportvillage.com
Get to Crescent Beach on Shelter Island a little early to enjoy the sunset. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
2. Riverhead Business Improvement District's Independence Day Celebration is being held on Friday, July 3rd at the Peconic Riverfront in Downtown Riverhead. The evening, which begins at 6 p.m, will include a performance from Grammy nominee Brady Rymer and a firework display, which blasts off at 9 p.m. For more information, visit riverheadbid.com
3. Riverhead Raceway (1797 Old Country Road, Riverhead) is holding their annual fireworks show on Saturday, July 4th at 10 p.m. A rain date is set for Saturday, July 11th. For more information, visit www.riverheadraceway.com
Get a double dose of action at Riverhead Raceway on 4th of July. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
4. A community crowdsourcing campaign helped save the 58th Annual Fireworks Shelter Island Show. This year's display will take place on Saturday, July 11th at 9 p.m. and launch from Crescent Beach. For more information, visit shelterislandchamber.org
4th of July wouldn't be complete without at least one elaborate, red, white and blue themed firework display. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
5. The Jamesport Fire Department is hosting their 60th Annual Bazaar, Carnival and Fundraiser, starting Tuesday, July 7th through Saturday, July 11th. The carnival is open from 6 to 11 p.m. on Tuesday through Friday and 4 p.m. to 12 p.m. on Saturday. The Jamesport Fire Department's parade will take place on Wednesday, July 8th at 7 p.m. and their Fireworks Extravaganza is on Saturday, July 11th. The festivities will take place at the Community Center located on Route 25 and South Jamesport Avenue. For more information, visit www.jamesportfd.org
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
For over 100 years Bridgehampton Bank has been the East End's hometown bank. Many success stories...one bank, BNB!
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.