From fairs and festivals, to holiday shopping and Christmas pictures, Yuletide cheer on the North Fork is sure to be merry and bright. Delve into the holiday season by checking out theses top five holiday events and activities.
Skip the chaos and never ending lines during the holidays by shopping at the 2014 North Fork Designer Show House.(Photo: Facebook.com/2014NorthForkDesignerShowHouse)
1. Go back in time during the festive season, and celebrate a Victorian Christmas at the Hallockville Museum Farm (6038 Sound Avenue, Riverhead, 631-298-5292, www.hallockville.com)
. From 12 to 3 p.m. on Sunday, December 7, 2014, Hallockville will be transformed into a Depression-era Polish farming family's Yuletide celebration. The afternoon is sure to be entertaining for the whole family, with historical tours, special exhibits and demonstrations, children's activities, shopping and more. Admission ranges from $4 to $8 each, with deals for families, and all proceeds support the not-for-profit museum.
Kent Animal Shelter is holding a photo session with Santa. (Courtesy Photo)
2. After your Thanksgiving festivities have come to a close, start the Christmas season off right by attending the annual Mitchell Park Christmas Tree Lighting in Greenport (Front Street, Greenport, www.greenportvillage.com
) on Saturday, December 6th at 5 p.m. Enjoy caroling and hot chocolate as the North Fork Village comes to life with seasonal spirit. The evening will even include the opportunity to ice skate.
3. Not sure what to do for your Christmas card this year? What better way to wish all your family and friends Happy Holidays than a picture of your cute pooch dressed in a Santa suit? Take advantage of the Kent Animal Shelter
's (631-727-5731, www.kentanimalshelter.com)
holiday tradition, and head over to Martha Clara Vineyards (6025 Sound Avenue, Riverhead, 631-298-0075, www.marthaclaravineyards.com)
from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, December 7th for a Family Pet Photo with Santa. A minimum donation of $10 per photo is required, and donations of pet food, toys, and bedding will also be accepted.
4. Skip the chaos and never ending lines during the holidays and get all your wish list shopping done this year at the North Fork's premier Yuletide event. Christmas at the Show House and Best of the North Fork Emporium will debut the day after Thanksgiving and remain open at the 2014 North Fork Designer Show House (27150 Main Road, Cutchogue,www.facebook.com)
Fridays through Sundays until December 14th. A wide range of products will be offered from local businesses, and admission, which is $10, benefits Wounded Warriors, Monday's at Racine, and local families in need.
Meet Santa during Long Island Aquarium's Annual Holiday brunch. (Photo: Facebook.com/LongIslandAquariumandExhibitionCenter)
5. The days preceding Christmas are always a great time to make fun holiday memories with family and friends. This year, on December 20th head over to the Long Island Aquarium (431 East Main Street, Riverhead, 631-208-9200, www.longislandaquarium.com)
for their annual Santa Brunch. Starting at 10 a.m., enjoy a buffet breakfast in the Waterfront Sea Star Ballroom with the aquarium mascots, and, of course, Santa Claus himself. Reservations are required, and prices range from $32.95 to $44.95.
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Aimee Fitzpatrick Martin, Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Considered a West of the Shinnecock Canal expert with a 5-star Zillow ranking, Aimee specializes in the luxury and waterfront markets in Quogue, Westhampton Beach, Remsenburg, East Quogue and Hampton Bays. With exceptional communication skills and a buttoned-up approach to every deal, she is highly skilled in the art of the negotiation process. Understanding the nuances of buying and selling waterfront homes, especially on Dune Road, is a specialty.