Did the hot summer heat cause you to slack off on your outdoor running routine? Don't worry because fall in the Hamptons is bringing plenty of opportunities to take in scenic routes, while supporting local causes.
1. First up is the Hampton Bays Lions Club's Over the Bridge 10K Run and 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, September 12th. Starting at Warner's Park, the flat and fast course will feature beautiful views of the Atlantic
Ocean, Shinnecock Inlet, Shinnecock Bay, and, of course, extraordinary breathtaking views as you cross the Ponquogue Bridge and head into the residential areas of Hampton Bays. Registration will take place at the Hampton Bays Middle School (70 Ponquogue Ave, Hampton Bays) between 7 and 8:30 a.m., with a race start time of 9 a.m. The entry fee is $30. For more information, visit www.hblions.org
Who wouldn't want to start a 5K from a beach? (Photo: Nicole Barylski)
2. Island Running and the Barrier Beach Preservation Association's 4th annual Cruzin in the Dunes to Save the Bay 5K will take place on Saturday, September 19th. Runners will enjoy a flat and scenic route along Dune Road. Registration will take place at 906 Dune Road in Westhampton, starting at 7:30 a.m. The race kicks off at 9 a.m. and the entry fee is $25. For more information, visit www.morichesbayproject.org
3. The 10th annual Flying Point 5K for Autism will take place on Saturday, September 19th. Proceeds from the event support the Flying Point Foundation for Autism. Along with the loop around Flying Point Road, Cobb Road West, and Cobb Road, the morning will feature bib-timed by IslandTiming, a warm-up by professional trainers, activities for kids, a Flying Point 50-yard dash on the beach, and more. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with a race time of 9 a.m. The entry fee is $25 in advance and $30 on the day of the race. For more information, visit www.flyingpointrun.com
Race for a Reason 5K benefits Blessings in a Backpack. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
4. Named one of the Top 10 Races by Runner's World,
the Hamptons Marathon will take place on Saturday, September 26th. Last year runners from 35 states and 6 countries participated in the charity race, which travels through Amagansett, Springs and East Hampton, showcasing views of the Atlantic Ocean and Napeague Bay out to the Long Island Sound. Proceeds from the Marathon benefit local East Hampton charities, including Project Most
. The race begins from the Springs School (48 School Street, East Hampton) at 8 a.m. The entry fee is $115. For more information, visit www.hamptonsmarathon.com
5. The Sag Harbor Lions Club will present Andy's Run 5K Race, in honor of Andy Neidnig, on Saturday, October 3rd. The course is flat with a few small hills and takes participants around Sag Harbor Village. Check-in will take place at 21 West Water Street in Sag Harbor, starting at 7 a.m. The race starts promptly at 8:30 a.m. The entry fee is $25 in advance and $30 on the day of the race. For more information, visit e-clubhouse.org
Sag Harbor Lions Club will present Andy's Run 5K Race, in honor of Andy Neidnig. (Photo: www.facebook.com)
6. The 2nd annual Race for a Reason 5K, sponsored by Margaritaville
, will take place on Sunday, October 4th. Kicking off at Cupsogue Beach County Park in Westhampton Beach, the race runs along Dune Road. Proceeds from the 5K will benefit Blessings in a Backpack, in support of local elementary
school children in need. Registration is from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. The 5K begins at 9 a.m. and the Fun Run and Walk starts at 9:15 a.m. The entry fee is $25. For more information, visit www.itsyourrace.com
. Note: Due to the impending storm, Race for a Reason has been rescheduled for Sunday, November 1st. The location, time and details remain the same.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 34 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.
WordHampton Public Relations
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.