Originally from South Carolina, Los Angeles-based budget travel and lifestyle expert, Lindsay Myers, met up-and-coming fashion stylist Brad Goreski
in 2009 and moved from New York to Los Angeles to embark on the journey of helping Brad build his business and brand as his travel sidekick on Bravo
's Brad, Brad World.
Myers' sparkling personality, fresh fashion know-how, and knack for balling on a budget has also made her a regular feature on Access Hollywood
as well as a solo travel series on KateSpade.com
. Myers has made her luxury travel and lifestyle dreams come true and now shares her secret budget tips and tricks, proving herself to be an expert in the field and a true woman of influence.
Today, more than 100,000 Instagram fans look to Myers for hot tips on living luxe without breaking the bank. I spoke to Lindsay to find out more about her illustrious career and undeniably helpful lifestyle tips.
I love watching you on Access Hollywood, always giving the best style insight. What fashion advice would you give to those who want to live a sustainable and sophisticated yet budget-friendly lifestyle?
I am all about an effortless look these days. I think that is one thing we have all taken away from this time period. We want things to be simpler. And, there are so many companies going in a sustainable direction, which is great. I lean towards simple and sophisticated by having lots of monochromatic looks and playing up my accessories. It also allows you to wear your clothing throughout the season. Forget the trends!
Here are some great companies that are sustainable and in some cases zero waste!
- For your t-shirts and staples For Days is a great company. They even allow you to send back your old t-shirts for new ones. They repurpose everything!
- Its motto is: Like farm to table but for your clothes, you know you are getting the real deal. They have a wide range of options all for affordable prices.
- A lot of people are familiar with this company, but for good reason. For both men and women they use organic or recycled material to create the softest fabrics I have ever felt. These are a must!
- Not everyone knows, but H&M has launched a conscious collection that will now be year round. The prices are a bit higher than what we are used to with H&M but well worth it when each item has to be made from organic or recycled material.
What DIY projects do recommend the average Hamptonite reading this to take on in their homes? What skill set and materials are needed? Do you have any tips?
- We are all looking for fun projects to keep us busy and feeling accomplished. It has been a trying time for our creativity. But don't worry there are endless DIY activities that can keep us busy and our homes beautiful.
Lindsay Myers on Access Hollywood. (Courtesy Photo)
- The 60's are back and we are all loving it. One thing in quarantine people have been loving is to tie -dye. It is very simple, and if you want to make your life even easier you can buy a kit online. You just need color dye, rubber bands, and gloves. You can make anything that looks old be fun and new again. Some of my favorite things are to tie-dye some throw pillows, tea towels, scarfs, baby onesies, and why not do your face masks! This is the perfect gift for anyone needing a little color in their life or to give your own some fun pops of color!
- This is a great gift for all, and you can make this with your kids. You just need two-unflavored gelatin, boiling water, cookie cutters, straw, and bird seed. First empty your gelatin in a large bowl, pour a little boiling water into the mix. Stir until it dissolves. Mix in bird seed and stir it to coat until there is no more liquid. Set your cookie cutters on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Spoon the bird seed into the cookie cutters. Pack them tight. Cut your straw into small pieces so that you can place it where you want your hole to be to hang the bird feeder. Place the tray in the refrigerator for a few hours. You might want to flip them over if the bottom is taking longer to harden, You just pop them out of the cookie cutters, tie on some string and you have an adorable bird feeder.
Marble Clay Pot
- So many people are spending more time gardening. This is a fun way to bring in some color and personality to your garden and plants. All you need is some clay pots and some nail polish. I have recently been introduced to Little lady products, which are toxin free, vegan, and cruelty free. They were created for kids, but anyone can use them! But why not also get the kids involved in this activity. You might want to paint your clay pot white first so your colors pop. Fill a plastic bowl 3/4 full of water, then add a few drops of each color nail polish you want to use. Take your pot and slowly roll it over the surface of the colored water creating a marble look. Keep dipping adding until you like the color. Let sit to dry.
How have the fashion, art, and travel industries been affected in the age of corona? Are the virtual museum and national park tours worth it?
Every industry has taken a huge hit and has been greatly affected from the coronavirus. But, it has also made everyone get plans in place so that this kind of hit doesn't devastate everything in the future. More people are creating online stores than ever before, they are also taking their business virtually. From fashion week, to art museums, to national parks, they are all bringing themselves to the safety of your own home. Of course it is not the exact same experience as walking the halls of the Louvre, or climbing peering from the rim of the Grand Canyon, but right now it is the safest option and it still gives us the wanderlust feeling we are all craving. Start your research for your next big trip. We all need something to look forward to!
Have you ever been to the Hamptons? If so, what are your favorite things to do on the East End? Where do you shop and dine?
I have lived in the Hamptons! I was the Hotel Manager of Sunset Beach
on Shelter Island for two seasons. I didn't have much free time, but when I did, I loved to eat oysters at Little Creek Oyster Farm, sip on beers from Greenport Brewery, grab fish tacos from Southold Fish Market, enjoy a glass of my favorite rose from Wölffer Winery, eat sushi from Sen
, or treat myself to a meal at Topping Rose House
or Nick & Toni's
What is one location you cannot wait to visit once the pandemic is over with Brad Goreski on Bravo's Brad, Brad World or your solo travel series on KateSpade.com?
It has been a very challenging time to not be able to travel. I know so many of you out there agree with me too! The day will come and we will be back on that plane heading on a new adventure. For me I love Europe. There is so much I still need to explore. I want to see more of the Greek Islands, Portugal, San Sebastian in Spain, and sip Champagne while being in Champagne, France. My list gets longer by the second!
Is there anything else you'd like to add?
Just because we can't travel overseas right now doesn't mean you can't still have those adventures. Go on a road trip or rent an RV as a family. There is so much to explore here in the US. We can stay safe but still have an experience no one will forget.
Follow Lindsay on Instagram at @getlostwithlindsay
or visit her website www.getlostwithlindsay.com
for more information.
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
New York Title Abstract Services, Inc.
We are a title insurance services company dedicated to promptly delivering fully compliant and accurate reports, and title insurance, for residential and commercial real estate throughout New York State. Headquartered in the Hamptons, our professional team has extensive real estate experience and understands the business from all sides including title insurance, legal, sales, governmental, banking, and lending regulations.
Aimee Fitzpatrick Martin, Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Considered a West of the Shinnecock Canal expert with a 5-star Zillow ranking, Aimee specializes in the luxury and waterfront markets in Quogue, Westhampton Beach, Remsenburg, East Quogue and Hampton Bays. With exceptional communication skills and a buttoned-up approach to every deal, she is highly skilled in the art of the negotiation process. Understanding the nuances of buying and selling waterfront homes, especially on Dune Road, is a specialty.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.