An undone sparkling wine tower will impress guests. (Courtesy Photo)
Looking to be the hostess with the mostess this New Year's Eve? Seriously impress your guests by creating a memorable moment as champagne or sparkling wine trickles down your beautiful, carefully crafted glass tower. "Replace traditional coupes with eclectic short glassware for a dramatic and wildly unexpected setup," shared celebrity event planner Stefanie Cove
. So pick your favorite bubbly (we recommend the 2009 Kim Crawford
Fizz) and get pouring.
1. Start with a solid table for your tower's base.
2. Build a sturdy base with festive tumbler-style glassware and top with a mix of crystal and metallic rimmed glasses. (Note: test them out in advance to make sure they will balance.)
3. Start off with 10 glasses, for example, in a square at the bottom.
4. The next level is nine glasses, then eight, and so on.
5. Make sure each glass touches its neighboring glasses. (Note: You will see a diamond shape made between the glasses if done correctly.)
6. Once the tower is assembled, slowly pour the sparkling wine from the top glass and it will trickle downward.
7. Invite everyone to take a glass and join in a group toast, but instead of leading the toast, you can start "toasting roulette" catching guests by surprise for an impromptu toasting session near the tower. Put everyone's name in a hat, and whoever is pulled has to give a toast. As a bonus, the sparkling wine will not be wasted or sit too long.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.