Dolce & Gabbana
paid tribute to motherhood and la famiglia during their Autumn/Winter 2015 runway show at Milan Fashion Week. Models walked alongside their own daughters during "Viva la mamma!," and the show even featured mom-to-be model Bianca Balti. To accompany the beautiful collection, Redken
Global Creative Director Guido created a feminine, loose chignon adorned with retro broaches, pearls and jewels that could have been found in a mother's jewelry box during the '50s.
Retro broaches, pearls and jewels adorned the loose chignon. (Courtesy Photo)
"There's always something about this feminine, beautiful Dolce & Gabbana woman that is timeless, and every season, we just reinvent the look in small ways," said Guido. "The whole show is about mothers, so the idea for the hair is this woman getting out of bed and just pinning her hair up in an easy, feminine and beautiful way."
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken Guts 10 volumizing spray-foam mousse to damp hair, working into the hair from roots to ends.
2. Use fingers to create a messy natural part.
3. Rough blow dry hair until it is 90 percent dry, letting it fully dry naturally.
4. Thoroughly mist Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over dry hair to add some texture.
5. Emulsify a nickel-size amount of Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion in hands, and apply to dry hair from mid-lengths to ends for added grip.
6. Twist hair back into a loose, messy chignon that hangs over the ears, and secure with small U-shaped pins.
7. Spray Redken Wind Blown 05 dry finishing spray all over for airy texture.
8. Finish the look by adding accessories or jewelry of choice.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
WordHampton Public Relations
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.
Big Brunch Box-delivered in The Hamptons
BIG BRUNCH BOX. Your favorite gourmet brunch foods for weekend eating with friends and family, ordered with ease and conveniently dropped at your doorstep in The Hamptons every Friday with fanatical attention to quality.