"I feel this time of the year we want to look polished and fresh, but not overly made up," noted Pop Beauty founder and international makeup artist Sara Strand. "As spring enters in a few months we will see a burst of brave color on the lips (I can't wait for that, but I am always an advocate of color). Look out for glowing complexions with bright orange puckers."
For winter months, Strand said it's all about the complexion with cashmere finishes and skin conditioning formulas that will add that much needed extra moisture to our skin in this harsh cold weather.
Here are Strand's tips for a cashmere complexion:
1. Apply Pop Beauty Zero Shine Primer ($26) onto moisturized skin using a sponge or clean fingertips. This will mattify and minimize pores and treat the skin with an air light oil control that lasts all day. Also use this primer throughout the day to keep complexion matte and flawless, like a liquid blotting paper.
2. Next, apply concealer around the eye are (onto lids and of course under the eye to hide dark circles) around the nose, onto the chin and also anywhere else you need extra coverage.
3. To create the gorgeous chocolate eye shade, simply sweep a darker brown shadow onto the lid and blend slightly up into the crease; keeping the color concentrated on the actual lid, close to the roots
of the lashes.
4. Next, curl your lashes- for really stubborn lashes, heat your lash curler up with a hair dryer and then curl; this will keep them curled longer (after heating, curl cautiously to avoid burning yourself). Then apply Pop Beauty Lash Extension Mascara ($18.50) in brown onto upper and lower lashes. Layer three to four times, letting the formula slightly dry in-between applications.
5. Finish the look off with Pop Beauty Super Silky No-Show Powder ($22). For full on cashmere coverage, use the sponge included and press powder into complexion. For a lighter finish brush onto face with a fluffy powder brush.
For more information on Pop Beauty visit www.popbeauty.co.uk.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.
Calissa is Mykonos in the Hamptons.
Our menu focuses on seafood and Greek dishes such as salt baked fish, seafood pasta and Mediterranean mezze. Our wine list has been awarded The Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator and boasts the largest selection of rosé in the Hamptons. The name Calissa is derived from the brightest constellation in the summer sky.Our sister restaurants in New York are Amali and Bar Marseille, opening 2020 in the Rockaways. Calissa offers private dining spaces for groups from 10 to 300 people. To plan your next wedding, corporate event or gathering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. 1020 MONTAUK HIGHWAY, WATER MILL
Big Brunch Box-delivered in The Hamptons
BIG BRUNCH BOX. Your favorite gourmet brunch foods for weekend eating with friends and family, ordered with ease and conveniently dropped at your doorstep in The Hamptons every Friday with fanatical attention to quality.
Long Island Cares, Inc.
While distributing nutritious food to our Nassau and Suffolk County neighbors is the heart of Long Island Cares, we’re more than just a food bank. We’re one of the region’s most comprehensive hunger assistance organizations, and there are many other ways we can help you and your loved ones.