Celebrity Trainer Craig Ramsay Shares Three Easy Exercises To Burn Off Your Super Bowl Sunday Chicken Wings
"You couch is not just your stadium seating for the game it's also your gym," noted celeb trainer Craig Ramsay. (Courtesy Photo)
While we all know chicken wings aren't the best thing for you to eat, chances are you're still going to eat at least one as you watch the Seattle Seahawks and New England Patriots in Sunday Bowl XLIX. To help counter the extra calories, try celeb trainer Craig Ramsay's three effective exercises, which can done before, during, or after the big game. "You couch is not just your stadium seating for the game, it's also your gym," noted Ramsay.
Exercise #1 Couch Surfing:
1. Stand roughly a foot in front of the couch standing shoulder width apart. Lower your body with a slight squat where your booty is roughly 6-8 inches off the couch.
2. While staying in that squat position, lift up your left foot and step out to the left. Draw your right leg in towards the left leg and gently "Touch Down" your booty onto the couch for a "Time Out" of 2 seconds. Squat back up into your bend squat position.
3. Repeat towards the right.
(Tip: Muscle fatigue WILL occur during this exercise, stand up tall, shake out your legs, and "Game On" get back to it.)
Exercise #2 Couch Abs:
1. Lay on the floor in front of your couch placing your hands under the couch. Have the kids, family, or friends sit on the couch to weight it down.
2. Palms up use the couch as leverage as you extend your legs out 90 degrees.
3. Draw the knees in towards the elbows, squeezing your abs tight.
(Tip: Flex your feet and keep your elbows pointing up in the air to protect your shoulder rotator cuff. Breath in on the contraction while bringing the knees in towards the elbows and breath out when the legs go out 90 degrees.)
Exercise #3 Couch Pushups:
1. Start in a plank position with your hands securely on the seat of the couch.
2. Lower your upper body with a pushup, bringing your chest closer to the couch.
3. Press up back into a plank position, making sure you do not lock your elbows at the top range of movement.
(Tip: Make sure your chest is over your hands to protect your rotator cuff. If pushups are not your strength yet, then modify this exercise by placing your knees gently on the floor. Place a pillow under the knees for added comfort.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.