- Just like there's no universal foundation shade, there's no universal hair product. From extremely porous to tightly curled, ethnic hair types present their own unique set of challenges. Philip Kingsley's
latest innovation, the new Moisture Extreme Shampoo
and Moisture Extreme Conditioner
, was developed specifically to address the styling, processing and nourishment needs of ethnic textured hair, reducing breakage and protecting against friction.
Based on 55 years of Trichological expertise, these new formulations provide the perfect amount of hydration for ethnic hair, which often suffers from low moisture content and elasticity shortcomings. The formulations help lower the surface tension of hair and give extra surface glide, making it beneficial for chemically processed and synthetic hair, too, including extensions.
The Moisture Extreme Shampoo
($22) walks the tress tightrope of staying mild while cleaning thoroughly, removing all styling and conditioning products without stripping the natural oils from the hair. Moisture Extreme
uses mild cleaning agents and state of the art conditioning agents, both of which are deposited deep into the hair structure during washing.
• Sodium Cocoa Butter Amphaocetate: A very mild detergent derived from Cocoa Butter that gently cleanses with little foaming that moisturizes and conditions.
• Guar Hydroxyl Propyl Trimonium Chloride: Provides excellent conditioning and foam density, making hair easier to comb wet or dry.
• Oligoquat M: Extensive moisture-binding properties softens hair while helping to smooth and repair damaged hair cuticles.
The Moisture Extreme Conditioner
($27) contains a careful combination of extremely moisturizing ingredients, including four naturally derived oils that work together to condition the hair from the cortex to the outer layer.
Oil: Gives surface emollience to enhance shine and hair smoothness.
• Wheat Germ Oil: Nutrient rich oil, high in Linoleic and Linolenic fatty acids and Vitamin E.
• Avocado Oil: Contains essential nutrients, proteins, vitamins A, D, E and B6, magnesium, copper
, iron, amino acids and folic acid, essential for hair growth and nourishment.
• Babassu Oil: Deeply conditioning emollient and humectant that contains antistatic properties and leaves hair soft and shiny.
For more information, click here.