Get The Look: Go Glam On New Year's Eve With Lily Collins' Wispy Critics' Choice Awards Look
Lily Collins at the 22nd Annual Critics' Choice Awards. (Photo: David Crotty/PMC)
Attending a fancy New Year's Eve soiree? Glam up your look by recreating Lily Collins' wispy Critics' Choice hairstyle, which Collins' stylist, Gregory Russell, created using Matrix
"I was inspired by Lily's Ellie Saab gown to create a romantic, prairie goth, 70's inspired look with a modern texture," noted Russell.
How To Achieve The Look:
Collins' stylist, Gregory Russell, created the look using Matrix. (Photo: David Crotty/PMC)
1. On damp hair, create a center part. Apply one pump of the Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse to the roots
in the crown and one pump of Matrix Style Link Minerals Mineral Booster to the lengths.
2. Blow dry straight using a round brush. Pin the crown section to cool for added volume.
3. Once cooled, brush out hair and add Matrix Style Link Height Riser Volumizing Powder to the crown for a messy, voluminous look. Distribute a pearl-sized amount of Matrix Style Link Mineral Grip Definer the ends for movement and texture.
4. Take the front quarter of the hair and twist it back gathering more hair and pinning as you work to the nape of the neck. Repeat on the other side.
5. Loop and knot the lengths to create a messy knot. Pull some stray pieces around the nape and face and spray with Matrix Style Link Texture Builder Messy Finish Spray for a lasting, wispy finish.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
WordHampton Public Relations
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.