On Tuesday, September 15th, the Tory Burch
Spring/Summer 2016 New York Fashion Week runway show was held at Lincoln Center. Redken
Global Creative Director Guido complimented the boho chic collection with a hairstyle that was the ideal blend of sophisticated and sexy.
A view of the back. (Courtesy Photo)
"This look gives a nod to the late-50s, early-60s, but it's not meant to be a completely retro idea," shared Guido. "There's a juxtaposition and slight sophistication to it with a little bit of height at the crown, which is super flattering, and then the messy, sexy knot, so it feels like these beautiful women came from somewhere exotic."
"It's all about balance - the look is pulled together, but the formality is offset with the softness around the face and a bit of a wet finish," he noted.
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Spray Redken pillow proof blow dry express primer all over damp hair and comb through.
2. Apply a quarter-size amount of Redken stay high 18 high-hold gel-to-mousse throughout damp hair, focusing on the crown.
3. Blow-dry using a round brush, lifting the top section of the hair to create volume.
4. Backcomb the top section of the hair to create additional height and use hands to smooth hair into desired shape.
5. Use fingers to create a short, off-center part, and then pull hair back into a low ponytail and tuck behind the ears.
6. Mist the length of the ponytail with water and then twist it into a disheveled, messy knot, securing with hair pins.
7. Pull out a few strands of hair from the bun and around the hairline and mist again with water to add softness.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
WordHampton Public Relations
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.