Get The Look: Iggy Azalea's Intricate Grammy Awards Statement Braid
Redken Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler shares how to recreate the "Black Widow" rapper's intricate braided look below. (Photo: Facebook.com/ARMANI)
Iggy Azalea accented her bright blue Armani Grammy Awards gown with a daring, outside of the box hairstyle. Redken
Brand Ambassador Rodney Cutler shares how to recreate the "Black Widow" rapper's intricate braided look below.
How To Achieve The Look:
1. Part hair down the center to the nape of the neck, and wind one side into a bun and fasten to keep out of the way.
2. Start braiding from the nape of the neck and keep working until you reach the top side of your head and you have braided all of the hair that is not in the bun, secure with a clear elastic.
3. Rather than pass sections of hair over the middle strand like with a French braid, pass sections under the middle strand. This will create an "inside out" braid.
4. Use Redken Braid Aid 03 braid defining lotion (available in April) to help keep the sections clean and easy to work with.
5. Take hair out of the bun and repeat the same steps on this side.
6. When you have two long braids, add a touch of Redken Powder Grip 03 mattifying hair powder to the ends, and pull edges of the braids gently to make them wider.
7. Wrap braids on their sides around the top of your head to create your crown, and secure to top of the head with long French hair pins or bobby pins matching your hair color.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
WordHampton Public Relations
We build client revenues and reputations.
Our reputation is built on delivering a strong media presence and, as a result, demand for our clients' offerings, resulting in a positive impact on sales. Successful campaigns start with understanding the goals of our clients and developing a customized strategy that will achieve those objectives.