Whether you want to enhance your curls, dress up a ponytail, add shine or create voluminous waves, here are a few options for fabulous Valentine's Day hair.
1. Add Some Length
If you are lacking length try SHE by SO.CAP.USA (Prices Vary depending on salon, To find a salon call 877-855-4247 or visit www.socapusa.com
) clip-in hair extensions. They are 100% European-type human hair that is pre-bonded with 100% keratin tips to ensure a healthy, strong and long-lasting bond. Whether you want to choose a color to celebrate Valentine's Day like hot pink or to match your natural color, you will leave the salon with your ideal length.
2. Create Amanda Seyfried soft, voluminous waves crafted by Sebastian Professional Lead Stylist Thomas Dunkin:
1. Begin with dry hair and apply a generous amount of Sebastian Professional Shaper Zero Gravity to the lengths and brush through. Repeat this step a couple of times until the hair is textured enough for hot rollers.
2. Spritz the hair with Sebastian Professional Trilliant for thermal protection.
3.Take eight sections of hair at random and place large hot rollers at the root and wrap the rest of the section around it. (Starting at the root adds a wave and volume to the hair rather than simply creating curls which happens when rollers are first placed at the ends).
4. Once the rollers are cooled, remove them and run fingers through the hair for a polished yet casual effect. Spritz with Sebastian Professional Shaper. For product information visit www.sebastianprofessional.com
Amanda Seyfried soft, voluminous waves are a great Valentine's Day date night look.(Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage)
3. Update A Plain Pony:
It's inevitable, if you are having a bad hair often the easiest way to fix it is an up-do. Instead of using a boring plain one try the Duelette from Chilly Jilly
). Bands come in black or white with beads in gold, silver or a combination. Hamptons.com readers will receive 25% off all orders over $50 with code the Save25 until February 14th.
4. Put A Bow On It:
Another elegant way to change a ponytail is the Bow Bun from Gina Made It ($30, ginamadeit.com
). A thick elastic with a bow on it, the Bow Bun is a fun Valentine's Day hair option. Available in a variety of bow colors, choose one which matches your V-Day outfit.
Goody Double Wear Ribbon, The Duelette and Bow Bun. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Enhance Your Curls:
Generously spray Ouidad
PlayCurlT Volumizing Styling Spray ($22, www.ouidad.com
) onto wet hair to add volume and texture to your curls.
6. Accessorize with a Headwrap:
Goody Double Wear Ribbon Woven Silver Layered with Chain Link Headwraps available at Target ($9.99, 1150 Old Country Road, Riverhead, 631-208-9424, www.target.com
) doubles as a necklace for days when you feel under accessorized.
7. Renew and Deep Conditioner: Keratin Complex
Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner ($25 www.keratincomplex.com
) leaves hair with renewed shine and nourishment. The aromatherapy packed spheres of Vanilla Beans releases you while wait for renewed hair.
Ouidad PlayCurlT Volumizing Styling Spray, Keratin Complex Vanilla Bean Deep Conditioner, Matrix Biolage ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment and Sebastian Professional Shaper. (Courtesy Photo)
8. Add Some Shine: Matrix Biolage
ExquisiteOil Replenishing Treatment revives dull, lackluster hair by infusing it with weightless shine, without leaving any build up behind.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com