Celebrity make-up artist Jo Strettell gave Golden Globe
winner Lena Dunham
her stunning natural look at the 70th Annual Golden Globe Awards using Koh Gen Do
Cosmetics. Winner of Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy and Best TV Series, Comedy or Musical, for "Girls", the inspiration for the look was Dunham's rich dark plum Zac Posen
dress. She wanted to create a look to compliment the chic glamour of the heavy matt satin off the shoulders corsetted creation which featured a flowing weighted skirt. She also was inspired by Dunhams's boyish haircut and fresh, fair skinned pretty face, so she created natural dewey skin with an ever so subtle punky eye, a flush of cheek and a nude lip.
The look took about 50 minutes to create, Strettell likes to spend time perfecting a flawless base that will last all night and like to build the eye make up slowly to know when it's exactly done. A tip when trying to create the look is apply the black kohl liberally, build slowly so you can see the build, it's easier to build up than pull back.
How to achieve the look:
1. To clean up the brows. Pluck in the necessary places.
2. Apply just enough moisturizer (Koh Gen Do Moisture Foundation) so the skin is soft and smooth to the finger tips which allows the base to smooth to a flawless light coverage.
3. Concealer (Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Concealer) with painted on the areas that need a little extra help.
4. Matt the face with a clean puff.
5. A dusting for loose translucent powder (Koh Gen Do Premium Pressed Powder) to set the base.
6. Curl the lashes.
7. With a black kohl pencil - line the lash and water line top and bottom and taking a clean eye shadow brush - smudge the kohl pencil to a soft smoke. You can use Koh Gen Do Mineral Eye Shadow in 301 to get the look.
8. Layer coats of mascara (Koh Gen Do Long Lush Treatment Mascara) to spike the lashes and paint waterproof liquid liner between the lashes to intensify and thicken the roots
of the lashes.
9. Brush blusher (Koh Gen Do Cream Tint Blush) under and up over the cheek bones, to sculpt and brighten.
10. Comb and fill in the brows.
11. Finish the look with the Nude, sheer lipstick (Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Lipstick in Coral Pink).
Koh Gen Do Cosmetics is available at www.kohgendocosmetics.com
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.