(OK), which has outposts in Amagansett, Woodbury, Plainview, Roslyn, and Rockville Centre, as well as Virginia, has shared the recipe for the lifestyle eatery's Powerful Greens Soup.
"Organic Krush believes in controlling stress by consuming foods and juice that are known to lower stress, boost immunity, and keep us very warm on the insides. Did you know its an ancient Ayurvedic principal to only drink room temperature water?" the OK team shared. "This is because when you drink cold beverages, they shock your organs and cause them to function less well. Every message you give your immune system right now should be one of warmth, calmness, & respect for the job it does so beautifully for you!"
Powerful Greens Soup:
Yields 4-6 servings
• 2 tbs
Safflower or olive Oil
• 1 large clove fresh Garlic, minced
• 1 small Fresh Shallots, minced
• 1 Tbl Salt
• 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
• 1 cup mix of diced Mirepoix (Carrots, Onion, Celery)
• 6 cups Broccoli stalks (chopped
• 2 cups Kale (finely chopped)
• 2 cups Spinach (finely chopped)
• 8 cups Vegetable Broth
• 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast
1. Using a Large Sauce Pot add Garlic, Shallot, and sauté for 2 minutes.
2. Seasoning with Salt and Black Pepper.
3. Add Mirepoix and sauté for 10 minutes.
4. Add Broccoli and sauté for 10 more minutes.
5. Add Vegetable Broth and Nutritional Yeast, simmer for 45 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add Spinach and Kale.
7. Puree in batches to desired consistency, use more veg broth if necessary.
8 Taste and adjust accordingly.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.