Looking for a thoughtful, unique seasonal present? Try this delicious option, which was created by Chef Alex Guarnaschelli
Woodbridge Spiced Sauvignon Preserve:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 to 20 minutes (most inactive)
Yield: 2 1/2 cups. About 8 to 10 servings
• 1 bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 cup dried cherries
• 2 cinnamon sticks
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 1/2teaspoon ground nutmeg
• One 13-ounce jar blueberry jam (preferably with blueberries in the mix)
You can really go crazy with embellishments. (Courtesy Photo)
1. In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the bottle of Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon to a simmer, 2 to 3 minutes.
2. Stir in the cherries, cinnamon sticks, cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Continue to reduce until there is about 1 1/2 cups remaining, 10 to 12 additional minutes.
3. Stir with a wooden spoon and shut off the heat. Let the preserve sit and cool completely off the heat.
4 Serve the preserve: I leave the cinnamon sticks in for décor but feel free to remove. Spoon the preserve into a glass bowl or festive jar. If not serving right away, refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 weeks.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968