"Let's be honest, no one feels romantic after eating a big rich meal," shared Tricia Williams, executive chef and founder of Food Matters NYC. "Swapping out cream and cheese with cauliflower puree and topping it on an aphrodisiac will keep the romance alive this Valentine's Day."
So, when you're considering what to make for your Valentine, follow Chef Williams' advice and start the meal off with an irresistible appetizer, Chef Williams' Baked Montauk Oysters with "Cheesy" Cauliflower Puree, Satur Farm Spinach, Crispy Speck.
Baked Montauk Oysters with "Cheesy" Cauliflower Puree, Satur Farm Spinach, Crispy Speck:
Yields: 12 Oysters
• 3 pieces speck
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, steamed
• 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
• 12 Oysters
• sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place speck on parchment line baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven. Let cool.
3. Break into small pieces. Set aside.
4. Lightly Sautee spinach in olive oil over medium heat in a sautéed pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Puree steamed cauliflower in a blender.
6. Add nutritional yeast and sea salt to taste. Puree until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Open oysters. Place on a baking sheet.
9. Place a spoonful of cauliflower puree in each oyster. Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Top each oysters with spinach and a small spoonful of cauliflower puree. Garnish with a piece of oven dried speck.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Newly Constructed Modern Farmhouse- Nest Seekers
This beautifully, newly constructed masterpiece by Breskin Development in Sag Harbor is located in a peaceful neighborhood, tucked away on a quiet Cul De Sac. Situated on a great builder’s acre, the home offers 7,100+- square feet of high end construction. Walking up to your new home, you notice the stunning exterior, featuring clapboard siding, a cedar and standing seem metal roof, Belgian block and peastone driveway, and an extensive bluestone patio.