"Let's be honest, no one feels romantic after eating a big rich meal," shared Tricia Williams, executive chef and founder of Food Matters NYC. "Swapping out cream and cheese with cauliflower puree and topping it on an aphrodisiac will keep the romance alive this Valentine's Day."
So, when you're considering what to make for your Valentine, follow Chef Williams' advice and start the meal off with an irresistible appetizer, Chef Williams' Baked Montauk Oysters with "Cheesy" Cauliflower Puree, Satur Farm Spinach, Crispy Speck.
Baked Montauk Oysters with "Cheesy" Cauliflower Puree, Satur Farm Spinach, Crispy Speck:
Yields: 12 Oysters
• 3 pieces speck
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 2 cups baby spinach
• 1 1/2 cups cauliflower, steamed
• 1/2 teaspoon nutritional yeast
• 12 Oysters
• sea salt to taste
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Place speck on parchment line baking sheet and bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven. Let cool.
3. Break into small pieces. Set aside.
4. Lightly Sautee spinach in olive oil over medium heat in a sautéed pan. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Puree steamed cauliflower in a blender.
6. Add nutritional yeast and sea salt to taste. Puree until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
7. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
8. Open oysters. Place on a baking sheet.
9. Place a spoonful of cauliflower puree in each oyster. Bake in oven for 8 minutes.
10. Remove from oven. Top each oysters with spinach and a small spoonful of cauliflower puree. Garnish with a piece of oven dried speck.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.