Since Valentine's Day falls on a Tuesday this year, if you're planning a romantic meal at home, chances are you want something that's not super time consuming. You can prepare this Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon from Clos du Bois
before you leave for work, and by the time you get home, your delicious meal will be ready.
Slow Cooker Boeuf Bourguignon from Clos du Bois:
• 3 lbs. Stew Beef, cube
• 4 oz. Pancetta
• 1 large onion, chopped
• 2 cups carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
• 1 cups red potatoes, chopped
• 3 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 Tbsp. butter
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
• 1 1/2 cup Clos du Bois Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
• Bay leaf
• 1 tsp. thyme
1. Crisp the pancetta in a skillet.
2. Add beef to pan until browned on both sides. Set the meat aside.
3. Cook onion, garlic, mushrooms and carrots and season with butter, salt and pepper.
4. Add all ingredients, except the mushrooms, to your slow cooker, adding the wine last.
5. Cover your pot, and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
6. Sautee mushrooms and add to stew before serving.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.