We can't think of a better way to say goodbye to summer than with a beach clambake that brings together your friends and family. This delicious East Coast Clambake recipe was created by Mary McAuley, founder of Ripe Life Wines.
East Coast Clambake:
Total Time: 1 hr
Prep: 30 min
Cook: 30 min
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
• 1 1/2 lbs. Kielbasa
• 3 cups chopped
Spanish onions (2 count)
• 2 cups chopped leeks
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 1/2 lbs. small potatoes (red or white)
• 2 TB Clambake seasoning (or Old
• Bay Seasoning)
• 1 bunch of fresh herbs (cilantro or parsley)
• 1 lemon
• 2 dozen steamer clams, scrubbed
• 2 lbs. mussels, cleaned and debearded
• 1 1/2 lbs. large shrimp or scallops
• 3 (1 1/2 lb) lobsters
• 2 cups of white wine
• Salt & pepper
1. Slice the kielbasa diagonally into 1" slices. Set aside.
2. In a 16-20qt. stockpot sautée onions and leeks in olive oil over medium heat for 15 minutes, until the onions start to brown.
3. Layer ingredients on top of the base in order: potatoes, salt and pepper, kielbasa, steamer clams, mussels, shrimp, and lobsters.
4. Pour in white wine and cover pot tightly. Cook over medium high heat for approximately 15 minutes.
5. Lower the heat to medium and cook another 15 minutes.
6. Once potatoes are fork-tender and clams and mussels open, cooking is complete.
7. Remove the lobsters onto a wooden board. Split them down the back and crack the
claws for service.
8. Spread the seafood, potatoes, and sausage out on a large, flat surface covered in
9. Sprinkle the top with fresh, chopped herbs and lemon zest.
10. Serve with ramekins of melted butter and the liquid base at the bottom of the pot.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Newly Constructed Modern Farmhouse- Nest Seekers
This beautifully, newly constructed masterpiece by Breskin Development in Sag Harbor is located in a peaceful neighborhood, tucked away on a quiet Cul De Sac. Situated on a great builder’s acre, the home offers 7,100+- square feet of high end construction. Walking up to your new home, you notice the stunning exterior, featuring clapboard siding, a cedar and standing seem metal roof, Belgian block and peastone driveway, and an extensive bluestone patio.