It's simply not a proper Memorial Day weekend without eating something that was cooked on a grill. If you're the one hosting the holiday weekend BBQ, enhance the flavor of pulled pork, ribs, hamburgers, and hotdogs with this easy to make sauce that has the perfect spicy and sweet mix.
SIMI Barbecue Sauce:
(Note: Yields 4 cups with a bottle of SIMI Pinot Noir)
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
• 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups SIMI Sonoma County Pinot Noir
• 1/4 cup canned chipotle chilies, pureed with their liquids (or more to taste)
• 1/4 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons molasses
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or a generous 1 tablespoon granulated salt)
1. Using a deep pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, saute the onion and garlic gloves in the butter and oil over low heat until partially caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and their juice, the wine, and the remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine. Bring to a boil, and then lower the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered. Stir occasionally.
3. Carefully puree the hot mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings. Simmer 30 minutes longer, or until thickened to your liking. Bottle the sauce or ladle into airtight containers. It will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.