Whether you go out for dinner on Valentine's Day or plan on spending the night at home, if you and your date adore cupcakes and s'mores, this Prohibition
Bakery and Pinnacle
« Vodka pairing is a menu must.
Pinnacle« S'More Love Cupcakes:
Yields 44 mini cupcakes
• 1/2 cup (115g) water
• 1/2 cup (115g) butter, unsalted
• 1/3 cup (40g) crushed graham crackers
• 1/3 cup (75g) sour cream
• 1 egg
• 1 cup (200g) sugar, granulated
• 1 cup (125g) flour, AP
• 3/4 tsp baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1/3 cup (75g) Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka
• 1 cup (200g) marshmallow fluff
• 1/4 cup (60g) Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka
• 1/3 cup (80g) butter
• 1 box confectioners sugar
• 1/2 cup (3 oz.) milk chocolate, melted
• 1/4 cup (50g) crushed graham crackers
• 1/4 cup (3 oz.) milk chocolate
To Make the Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 325, and line baking pans with cupcake liners.
2. Heat water and butter in saucepan over low heat until butter is completely melted, taking care not to let the mixture boil.
3. In a food processor, process an entire sleeve of graham crackers until completely crushed.
4. Add sour cream and egg to the mixing bowl of a stand mixer and beat on low until completely mixed.
5. Weigh crushed graham crackers, flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt into a separate container. Set aside remaining crushed graham crackers to be used for garnish later.
6. Once butter is completely melted, slowly stream water/ butter mixture into egg and sour cream mixture with mixer on low speed. Mix completely.
7. Slowly add dry ingredients, and beat until smooth.
8. Fill liners 2/3 of the way, and bake for 10 minutes.
9. Once baked, let cupcakes cool completely on a cooling rack or sheet pan before assembling.
To Make the Frosting/Garnish:
1. Melt chocolate for frosting and garnish (6 ounces) in microwave or in a double boiler on low heat.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat butter until smooth.
3. Slowly add confectioners' sugar with mixer on low, and beat until lumpy
4. Add Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka a tablespoon at a time, and beat until smooth.
5. Add half of melted chocolate to frosting, and beat until completely mixed.
6. Transfer finished frosting to a piping bag.
7. Let other half of the melted chocolate cool for 15 minutes, and then transfer to a squeeze bottle.
To Make the Filling:
1. Add marshmallow fluff to a bowl.
2. Slowly add Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka, mixing thoroughly.
3. Transfer finished Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka/marshmallow fluff mixture to a squeeze bottle.
1. Once cupcakes are cool, core each cake with a small piping tip or the end of a small knife (such as a steak knife).
2. Fill each core with Pinnacle« Whipped« Vodka/marshmallow fluff filling, taking care not to overfill.
Frost as desired.
3. Drizzle melted chocolate over cupcakes in a zip zag pattern, and then sprinkle with crushed graham crackers.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com