When thinking of football fare, chances are chicken wings spring to mind. But this Super Bowl
Sunday, make sure you don't miss an extra point by adding this versatile extra to your spread.
Whole-Grain Chardonnay Mustard:
Yields 1 1/2 cups
Whole-Grain Chardonnay Mustard. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 tablespoons mustard powder
• 1/4 cup water
• 1/2 cup yellow mustard seeds (3 ounces)
• 2 tablespoons brown mustard seeds
• 1/3 cup SIMI Sonoma County Chardonnay
• 1/4 cup sherry vinegar or white-wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 sprigs of fresh thyme (optional)
1. Whisk together the mustard powder and water in a bowl. Stir in the seeds. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover, and store in the refrigerator overnight.
3. The next morning, adjust the seasonings to taste. (Note: that the mustard will be fiercely hot and somewhat bitter at first.)
Discard the thyme springs, if using. If you prefer a smoother but still grainy texture, process the mustard for 30 to 60 seconds in a blender or with an immersion blender.
4. Transfer the mustard to jars. Seal, and mellow in the refrigerator for three days before using. The finished mustard will keep in the refrigerator for a month.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Newly Constructed Modern Farmhouse- Nest Seekers
This beautifully, newly constructed masterpiece by Breskin Development in Sag Harbor is located in a peaceful neighborhood, tucked away on a quiet Cul De Sac. Situated on a great builder’s acre, the home offers 7,100+- square feet of high end construction. Walking up to your new home, you notice the stunning exterior, featuring clapboard siding, a cedar and standing seem metal roof, Belgian block and peastone driveway, and an extensive bluestone patio.