An Easy DIY Holiday Gift: Cabernet Sauvignon Infused Cranberry Jam
DIYers why not showoff your skills this holiday season by creating a flavorful gift for loved ones? A Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon makes a beautiful and tasty present.
Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon:
Cranberry Jam Infused with SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 pound whole cranberries, fresh or frozen (about 5 cups)
• 1 cup SIMI Alexander Valley Landslide Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon
• 1 cinnamon stick (about 2 inches)
• zest of half an orange or tangerine, removed with a Microplane grater
• zest of half a lemon, removed with a Microplane grater
• 2 cups sugar
• 1/4 cup walnut, pecans, or pistachios (or more to taste)
1. Combine the cranberries, wine, cinnamon sticks, and zests in a small pot. Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until the berries burst and collapse.
2. Stir in the sugar and nuts. Stirring constantly, reduce the mixture over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until thickened to your liking. (Note: To test the set, put a half-teaspoon of hot jam on a chilled saucer in the freezer for 60 seconds. If it's runny when cold, reduce for a minute or two longer.)
3. Pour the hot jam into jars or any other airtight container. Store the cooled jars in the refrigerator for up to a month.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.