National Pinot Noir Day (Tuesday, August 18th) happens to fall towards the end of the Hamptons summer BBQ season. If you're like us and love to break out the grill, impress barbecue guests by creating your own sauce.
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce:
Yields 4 cups
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
• 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir
• 1/4 cup canned chipotle chilies, pureed with their liquids (or more to taste)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons molasses
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or a generous 1 tablespoon granulated salt)
1. Using a deep pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, sauté the onion and garlic cloves in the butter and oil over low heat until partially caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and juice, wine, and remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered. Stir occasionally.
4. Carefully puree the hot mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
5. Simmer 30 minutes longer, or until thickened to your liking.
6. Bottle the sauce or ladle into airtight containers. (Note: Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Newly Constructed Modern Farmhouse- Nest Seekers
This beautifully, newly constructed masterpiece by Breskin Development in Sag Harbor is located in a peaceful neighborhood, tucked away on a quiet Cul De Sac. Situated on a great builder’s acre, the home offers 7,100+- square feet of high end construction. Walking up to your new home, you notice the stunning exterior, featuring clapboard siding, a cedar and standing seem metal roof, Belgian block and peastone driveway, and an extensive bluestone patio.