National Pinot Noir Day (Tuesday, August 18th) happens to fall towards the end of the Hamptons summer BBQ season. If you're like us and love to break out the grill, impress barbecue guests by creating your own sauce.
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce:
Yields 4 cups
Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir Barbecue Sauce. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 medium red onion, chopped
• 2 whole, peeled garlic cloves
• 1 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon grape seed oil
• 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
• 2 cups Simi Sonoma County Pinot Noir
• 1/4 cup canned chipotle chilies, pureed with their liquids (or more to taste)
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons molasses
• 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or sherry vinegar
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon paprika
• 2 tablespoons kosher salt (or a generous 1 tablespoon granulated salt)
1. Using a deep pot large enough to hold all the ingredients, sauté the onion and garlic cloves in the butter and oil over low heat until partially caramelized, 20 to 30 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and juice, wine, and remaining ingredients. Stir well to combine.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat. Simmer for 30 minutes, partially covered. Stir occasionally.
4. Carefully puree the hot mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. Taste and adjust the seasonings.
5. Simmer 30 minutes longer, or until thickened to your liking.
6. Bottle the sauce or ladle into airtight containers. (Note: Will keep in the refrigerator for several weeks.)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.