The witching hour is nearly here, so make sure you're prepared with a cauldron filled with the magical ingredients from one of these Halloween concoctions.
1. Candy Apple Margarita:
• 1.5 parts Sauza
Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• .5 part DeKuyper
Hot Damn! Cinnamon Schnapps Liqueur
• 1 part Lime Sour
• 1 part Candy Apple Soda
• 1 Lime wedge for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a glass filled with ice. Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy.
The Girl with the Mermaid Hair. (Courtesy Photo)
2. The Girl with the Mermaid Hair: (Created by Niccole Trzaska of The Liberty NYC)
• 1 part Sugar Island Coconut Rum
• .25 part Butterscotch Schnapps
• 1 part Coconut Water
• .25 part fresh Lemon Juice
In a mason jar, gently place two different colored cotton candy bunches (Mermaid Hair)
. Mix all ingredients and shake over ice; slowly pour over the "Mermaid Hair" to liquefy and morph the color of the cocktail. Once all is liquefied, top with ice, a straw and enjoy.
Candy Apple Margarita, Knob Creek Bourbon Street Nightmare, Spooky Sipper, and Basil Hayden's Spiced Apple Brew. (Courtesy Photos)
3. Spooky Sipper:
• 1 part Skinnygirl
White Cherry Vodka
• 3 parts Lemon-Lime Sparkling Water
• Splash of Cherry Juice
• Lime wheel for garnish
• Cherry for garnish
Pour vodka and cherry juice over ice. Top with lemon-lime sparkling water. Garnish with a cherry and lime wheel.
Laphroaig Trick or Treat. (Courtesy Photo)
4. Hocus Pocus Martini:
• 3 oz. Bai5
Costa Rica Clementine
• 1.5 oz. Vodka
• 1.5 oz. Seltzer
• 1 pack Pop Rocks
Rim martini glass with pop rocks. Pour vodka and ice cold Bai5 Costa Rica Clementine into glass. Top with 3 oz. of seltzer and stir lightly.
Spooky Shooter and Gummy Graveyard. (Courtesy Photos)
5. Knob Creek Bourbon Street Nightmare:
• 3 parts Knob Creek Bourbon
• 3 parts Orange Juice
• .5 part Blood Orange Syrup
Place all ingredients in a Hurricane glass over ice and mix well. Drizzle blood orange syrup over top and garnish with a black licorice wheel.
6. Grande Pumpkin Spiced Smash: (Created by Joshua Perlman of Avec Restaurant, Chicago, IL)
• 1.5 oz. of Calvados Père Magloire V.S.O.P.
• .5 oz. of Pumpkin Puree
• .75 oz. of House made Spices (Clove, Lemon Peel, other)
• .5 oz. of Lemon Juice
• 2 dashes of Bitter
Put all ingredients, including pumpkin puree in a shaker. Shake until well blended. Pour into a double Old fashioned glass on the rocks.
7. Spooky Shooter:
• .5 oz. Disaronno Amaretto
• .5 oz. Amarula Cream
• .5 oz. Vanilla Vodka
Layer all ingredients into a shot glass, Disaronno first, then the Amarula and then the vodka.
8. Laphroaig Trick or Treat:
• 1.5 parts Laphroaig 10-Year-Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
• 3 parts Apple Cider
• 1 part fresh Lemon Sour
Build over ice in order. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Hocus Pocus Martini. (Courtesy Photo)
9. Basil Hayden's Spiced Apple Brew: (Created by Thomas Waugh)
• 1.5 parts Basil Hayden's Bourbon
• 1.5 parts cool Lapsang Souchong Black Tea
• 1 part Apple Juice
• .5 part Lemon Juice
• .5 part Simple Syrup
• 1 dash Angostura Bitters
• 1 slice of Ginger
• 1 Apple
• 2 to 3 sprigs of Mint
Muddle small slice of fresh ginger in a cocktail shaker. Add Basil Hayden's Bourbon, black tea, apple juice, lemon juice, simple syrup and bitters over ice and shake. Strain into a tall highball glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a fan of apple slices and mint sprigs.
10. Gummy Graveyard:
• 1 oz. Sobieski
• 1 oz. Sobieski Orange Vodka
• 1.5 oz. Pink Lemonade
• .5 oz. Simple Syrup
• Splash Grenadine
• Gummy Bears for garnish
Pour all ingredients into an iced shaker. Shake and strain into a freshly iced highball glass. Send the gummy bears to their final resting place in the glass as garnish.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com