For most NFL
fans, the food served during a tailgating party is taken just as seriously as the final score. Whether you're waiting for the New York Giants
, New York Jets
or both to kickoff, here's a chili recipe which will score a touchdown during any football gathering.
Woodbridge By Robert Mondavi Merlot Chili: yields 8 to 10 servings
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 3 large cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 large jalapeno, chopped finely (remove seeds or omit completely if you don't like spicy chili)
• 1 large yellow onion, chopped
• 1/2 pound hot Italian sausage, removed from casing
• 2 pounds ground 80% lean ground beef
• 1 tbsp salt
• 1 tbsp pepper
• 1 tsp cumin
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 2 bell peppers, chopped
• 1 28 oz. can of whole tomatoes
• 1 15 oz. can whole kernel corn
• 1 15 oz. can reduced sodium red kidney beans
• 1 15 oz. can low sodium black beans
• 1 cup Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Merlot
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat. Add next three ingredients and stir to coat with oil. Add lid and let the onions sweat for 3 minutes.
2. Add meat and all spices and stir frequently until all meat is browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. This will release a lot of moisture, so continue cooking until most of the moisture evaporates. You may have to ladle some out.
3. Using your hands, crush the canned tomatoes over the pot. Add the entire can this way. Add the remaining canned goods.
4. Lastly, add the Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Merlot. Simmer with the lid on for at least 30 minutes, but up to two hours. (Like all chili, this is best reheated and served the next day, making it a perfect dish for weeknight meals or easy entertaining!)
5. Serve with your favorite chili toppings like sour cream, shredded cheese, chopped green onions, chopped jalapeno, tortilla chips or corn bread.
Note: Make chili up to three days before serving. Reheat individual portions in microwave-proof mugs, or store in the pot that you cooked it in and simply reheat the entire pot.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
CP Complete- Landscape Design & Construction
Paul Guillo And Chris Hall
Two Of The Most Respected Names In The Community
Together, they are partners in CP Complete. They bring their years of experience
and integrity to creating and renovating luxury backyards.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.