This Memorial Day weekend, if you're looking for an easy to make meal, the Terlato family kitchen has your dish. In honor of National Wine Day on Sunday, May 25, they created Sautéed Clams, which pairs perfectly with the Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio. The dish serves eight to twelve.
The crisp Pinot Grigio is ideal for summer. (Courtesy Photo)
• 24 little neck or Manila clams, cleaned
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 cloves garlic, sliced
• 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 2 ounces water
• 2 ounces Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio
• 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• Bread, crispy (as accompaniment)
1. Heat olive oil in stock pot.
2. Add red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and garlic.
3. Lightly brown garlic, add clams, stir and keep covered for 2 minutes.
4. Add water, Terlato Family Vineyards Pinot Grigio, chopped parsley flakes and stir.
5. Cover for 1 minute.
6. Serve with crispy bread for dipping.
7. You can also cook some linguine al dente and pour this mixture over it.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field.
Hamptons luxury real estate specialist for 33 years, Andrea Ackerman offers outstanding expertise in the field. Trusted, experienced and successful, Andrea has solidified herself as the go-to broker of the Hamptons and a wholehearted advocate for her clients. A pioneer in the real estate industry on the East End of Long Island, she is driven by her passion for the business. Andrea is based in the Bridgehampton office of Brown Harris Stevens as a licensed real estate associate broker and consultant.
Formerly, a principal partner and Senior Director at Brown Harris Stevens, Andrea now assists in developing their corporate strategy for the Hamptons region, advising other brokers and sales associates, as well as being one of the top producers and listors.