" judge and culinary expert Gail Simmons has joined Estancia Winery
as their national wine ambassador. In honor of the partnership, Simmons has created a few orginal recipes to pair with Estancia wines.
With spring finally here, one of her favorite recipes for the warmer weather is Grilled Pork Chops with Peach and Sweet Onion Chutney, which should be paired with Estancia Monterey County Pinot Noir. Simmons is a fan of the intense notes of luscious berries and baking spices in the Estancia Pinot Noir because they complement the seasoned pork chops. The sweetness of the peach and chutney bring out the fruitiness of the wine.
Grilled Pork Chops with Peach and Sweet Onion Chutney:
Paired with Estancia Monterey County Pinot Noir
• 1/2 cup cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 small red onion, diced
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
• 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1 1/2 pounds peaches, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
• 4 bone-in pork chops, about 1 inch thick (10 to 12 ounces each)
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. In a medium saucepan, combine vinegar and sugar; bring to a boil, then add onion, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, garam masala, white pepper and red pepper flakes.
2. Gently simmer until liquid is reduced and thickened, 15 to 20 minutes.
3. Add peaches; simmer until peaches are tender, about 5 minutes more.
4. Remove from heat.
5. Preheat grill to high heat.
6. Season pork with salt and black pepper; grill until nicely charred and just pink in center, about 8 minutes per side.
7. Transfer to serving plates; let rest 5 minutes. Serve warm with chutney.
Note: Chutney can be made up to 3 days ahead. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.