Not in love with eggnog? Savor the flavors of the season with another winter favorite - mulled wine. This new recipe was created by blogger Kat Tanita of With Love From Kat.
Callie Collection Harvest Mulled Wine:
• 1/2 cup Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend Wine
• 2 T honey
• 2 T brand,
• 1 spice bag (the entire bag)
• Fresh Orange Slices or Dried Orange Peels (Optional)
• Star Anise (Optional)
1. Pour all ingredients into a pot.
2. Put pot on stove and heat at medium-high heat for 3 minutes (not a boil — you don't want to boil the alcohol out.).
3. Reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Strain, and serve warm with your desired garnishes.
For those looking for a creative gift, you can give a DIY mulled wine set. All you'll need is a bottle of Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend Wine, muslin bags or neutral colored cheese cloth, bakers twine, dried herb springs, or fresh whole cinnamon sticks, vanilla beans, cloves, allspice berries, cardamon pods, dried orange peels, star anise and festive hang tags or recycled paper.
First, you should prepare your Callie Collection Fresh Red Blend x Harvest Mulled Wine recipe cards in advance - a little handwritten note adds a special touch. Then, measure out the appropriate number of spices required per each bottle of Callie Collection Red Blend, and fill each muslin bag with appropriate amount of ingredients. You can also just use a spice bag. Next, loop twine through recipe card and special note, and fasten with a tie or pretty fall colored ribbon.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com