Whether you're planning an extravagant evening out, or cozy night in, kick off the evening with one of these enticing Valentine's Day inspired options.
Cruzan® Valentine's Sparkler:
Mint Chocolate Black Barrel. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 parts Cruzan® Aged Light Rum
• 1 1/2 part Vanilla Simple Syrup
• 1/2 part Unsweetened Fresh Cranberry Juice
• 2 parts Sparkling Wine
• Orange Peel, for garnish
Combine all ingredients in a champagne flute and stir twice. Garnish with an orange peel cut in the shape of a heart.
Mint Chocolate Black Barrel:
• 1 1/2 parts Hornitos® Black Barrel® Tequila
• 3/4 part Chocolate Liqueur
• 2 dashes Angostura® Bitters
• Mint Leaves
• Strawberry, for garnish
Lightly muddle 3 to 5 mint leaves in a shaker. Add remainder of ingredients into the shaker with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a strawberry.
Knob Creek® Sour Ginger: (Created by Chef Mike Isabella)
Knob Creek® Sour Ginger. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 parts Fresh Squeezed Ruby Grapefruit Juice
• 1 1/4 parts Knob Creek® Bourbon
• 3/4 part Domaine de Canton® Ginger Liqueur
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• Lime Wedge, stuffed with Candied Ginger
Combine all ingredients in a shaker. Add Ice and shake. Strain over ice in a rocks glass. Squeeze the lime wedge to disperse the candied ginger into the drink.
• 1 1/2 oz. Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
• 2 oz. fresh Pomegranate Juice
• 3/4 oz. Grilled Meyer Lemon Juice (more to taste)
• 2 tablespoons Rosemary Simple Syrup (more to taste)
• Sparkling Water
• Fresh Pomegranate Arils, for garnish
• Rosemary Sprigs, for garnish
Pomegranate Sparkler. (Courtesy Photo)
In a highball glass, combine the Hangar 1 Straight Vodka and pomegranate juice with the smaller amounts of the grilled lemon juice and and simple syrup, stirring well. Top with plenty of ice and sparkling water, adding more lemon or simple syrup if you feel the drink needs it. Garnish with pomegranate arils and a sprig of rosemary and serve.
Cupid's Love Elixir:
• 2 oz. Mumm Napa Brut Rosé
• 1 1/4 oz. Absolut
• 3/4 oz. fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
• 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
• 1 1/2 whole Strawberry
In a bottom of a mixing glass muddle one strawberry into a purée. Add all ingredients except Mumm Napa Brut Rose. Add ice, cover and shake vigorously for 7 to 8 seconds. Pour Mumm Napa Brut Rose into a chilled cocktail-martini glass and pour the cocktail over it. Garnish with half a strawberry.
Pineapple of My Eye: (Created by NYC mixologist Ivy Mix)
Pineapple of My Eye. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 parts Laphroaig® 10 Year Old
• 1/2 part Pineapple Rum
• 3/4 part Lime Juice
• 3/4 part Simple Syrup
• Barspoon Pomegranate Molasses
• Lime Wheel, for garnish
Combine all ingredients into a cocktail shaker. Shake and strain into a rocks glass over fresh ice. Garnish with a lime wheel.
• 1/4 Chocolate Liqueur
• 3/4 Champagne Ayala Brut Nature
Fill wine glass with chocolate liqueur and top with the Ayala Brut Nature.
Clara and the Prince:
Clara and the Prince. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 parts HAVANA CLUB Añejo Blanco Puerto Rican Rum
• 2 parts Cranberry Juice
• 1/2 parts Hazelnut Syrup
• 1/2 parts fresh Lemon Juice
• 1 part Sparkling Apple Cider, chilled
• Dehydrated Apple or Apple Wedge, for garnish
Excluding the cider, combine all other ingredients in a cocktail shaker with plenty of ice. Shake vigorously. Add cider to a serving glass with fresh ice. Pour and strain cocktail into glass. Garnish with a slice of dehydrated apple or an apple wedge.
Raspberry Peach Prosecco Punch: (Makes 10 servings)
Raspberry Peach Prosecco Punch. (Courtesy Photo)
• 12 oz. frozen Raspberries
• 2 cups Peach Nectar, chilled
• 1 bottle of Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG, chilled
Place frozen raspberries in a large glass pitcher or bowl. Top with the peach nectar and Santa Margherita Prosecco Superiore DOCG. Fill remainder of the pitcher with ice cubes. Stir and serve cold.
Agave Kiss. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 oz. Blue Nectar Reposado Extra Blend
• 1 oz. Simple Syrup
• 1 oz. Cranberry Juice
• 3/4 oz. Orange Liqueur
• 4 Lime quarters
• 1 Lime Wheel, for garnish
Muddle the lime quarters with the simple syrup. Add the tequila, orange liqueur and cranberry juice. Top with ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with lime wheel.
Elyx Copper Rose:
Elyx Copper Rose. (Courtesy Photo)
• 2 oz. Elyx
• 3/4 oz. Bitters
• 2 oz. Cranberry Juice
• 1 oz. Sugar Syrup
• 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
• 6 to 8 Raspberries
Lightly muddle raspberries and add other ingredients. Shake and fine strain into a highball over cubed ice.
Any Which Way But Left: (Created by Matt Friedlander, Fools Gold)
Any Which Way But Left. (Courtesy Photo)
Killer in Red. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 oz. Jägermeister
• 1 oz. Aperol
• 1 oz. Brovo Amaro
• Chocolate Molé Bitters, for garnish
• Grapefruit Peel, for garnish
Combine all ingredients together, stir & strain into rocks glass over fresh ice and garnish with chocolate molé bitters and a grapefruit peel.
Killer in Red:
• 3/4 oz. Campari
• 3/4 oz. Cinzano 1757 Bianco
• 1/2 oz. Grand Marnier
• 3/4 oz. Chamomile Gin
• Drop of Rose Essence
Pour all the ingredients into a mixing glass filled with ice and stir with a bar spoon. Strain the cocktail into a chilled coupe. Finish with a drop of rose essential oil and serve.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com