It's time for your last summer hurrah. As you toast to the end of the season, enjoy one of these eight Labor Day
The Marguerite. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Classic Red Sangria:
• 1 750ml bottle of Riunite Lambrusco
• 1 Lemon, sliced
• 1 Orange, sliced
• 1 Peach, sliced
• 1 ripe Green Apple, sliced
• 1/2 cup Orange Juice
• 1/4 cup Brandy (optional)
• 1/4 cup Triple Sec
• 1 can of Lemon-Lime Soda
Combine the sliced fruit, brandy and triple sec in a pitcher. Add Riunite Lambrusco, orange juice and lemon-lime soda.
2. The Marguerite:
• 1.5 oz. 1800 Reposado
• 1 oz. fresh squeezed Grapefruit Juice
• .5 oz. Fino Sherry
• .5 oz. Maraschino Liqueur
Grilled Peach Old Fashioned. (Courtesy Photo)
Shake with ice and strain into an ice-filled Old Fashioned glass. Top with soda water and garnish with a grapefruit twist.
3. Grilled Peach Old Fashioned:
• 2 oz. Reserva de la Familia
• .75 oz. Carpano Antica
• 1 slice fresh Yellow Peach
• 2 Italian Amarini Cherries (Luxardo)
• 2 cube Demerara Sugar
• 3 dashes House Citrus Bitters
• 1 slice Fresh Grilled Peach, garnish
In a mixing glass, muddle peach, cherries, sugar and bitters. Add Reserva de la Familia and Carpano Antica and stir to combine. Strain over fresh ice in a rocks glass and garnish with a grilled peach slice.
4. Hardly Workin':
• 1 1/4 parts Hornitos Black Barrel Tequila
• 1/4 part Agave
• 1/2 part Lemon Juice
• Lemon Wedge
Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake vigorously and strain over fresh ice. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
Summer's Kiss Goodbye, Courvoisier Sparkling Sangria, and Pinnacle Sweet Orange Getaway. (Courtesy Photos)
5. Courvoisier Sparkling Sangria:
• 4 parts Courvoisier VS Cognac
• 4 parts DeKuyper
• 2 bottles Prosecco
• 1/2 cup White Grape Juice
• 2 Peaches
• Green Grapes
Hardly Workin'. (Courtesy Photo)
Thinly slice peaches. Cut the grapes in half. Put sliced fruit in a pitcher with Courvoisier, peach liqueur and grape juice. Let sit in the fridge for 1 to 3 hours. Immediately before serving, pour 2 bottles of Prosecco and stir. Serve over ice.
6. Summer's Kiss Goodbye:
• 2 parts Skinnygirl
Bare Naked Vodka
• 2 large, muddled Strawberries
• 3 to 4 pieces of Basil
• Splash of Club Soda
Pour all ingredients except club soda over ice. Muddle strawberries and top with club soda.
7. Pinnacle Sweet Orange Getaway:
• 2 parts Pinnacle Mimosa Vodka
• 1 part Pineapple Juice
• Splash of Grenadine
Shake vodka and pineapple juice with ice and pour over the grenadine in a chilled glass. Garnish with a cheery and orange wheel.
Manzanilla Punch. (Courtesy Photo)
8. Manzanilla Punch:
• 1 750ml bottle Partida Blanco
• 4 cup Chamomile Tea
• 4 oz. Pomegranate Juice
• 4 oz. Lemon Juice
• 12 oz. Honey Syrup
Assemble all ingredients in a punch bowl. Garnish with lemon wheels and mint, add large ice cubes to dilute.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com