With summer starting to wind down, we think you should enjoy every opportunity to sit back and relax with a seasonal sip. Sunday, August 16th is National Rum Day, so here are five rum based concoctions to help you celebrate.
Flor de Violette. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Flor de Violette:
• 1 1/2 parts Bacardi Gran Reserva Maestro de Ron
• 3/4 part Lemon Juice
• 1/2 part St. Germain
• 1/7 part Crème de Violette
• 1/7 part Simple Syrup
Shake all ingredients vigorously with ice and strain into a coupe glass. Garnish with a lemon peel.
2. Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Colada:
• 2 parts Cruzan Blueberry Lemonade Rum
• 1 part Coco Lopez Cream of Coconut
• 1 part fresh Lemon Juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a stemmed Hurricane glass and garnish with lemon zest.
Pineapple Mint Daiquiri. (Courtesy Photo)
3. Pineapple Mint Daiquiri:
Red Dawn. (Courtesy Photo)
• 1 1/2 oz. Rum Diplomático Reserva Exclusiva
• 1 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• 1/4 oz. Simple Syrup
• 5 large chunks fresh cut Pineapple
• 5 fresh mint leaves, mint sprig for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, muddle pineapple chunks, mint leaves and simple syrup for 30 to 35 seconds. Add fresh lime juice, rum and ice and shake vigorously. Strain in to chilled coupe glass, garnish with pineapple wedge, lime wheel and mint spring.
4. Red Dawn: (Created by Dave Willis of Bully Boy Distillers)
• 1 1/2 oz. Hub Punch
• 1/4 oz. Sweet Vermouth
• 1 teaspoon of Lemon Juice
• Splash of Ginger Beer
Combine ingredients (except ginger beer) over ice. Top with ginger beer.
Summer Salvation. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Summer Salvation:
• 2 parts Sugar Island Coconut Rum
• 1/2 part fresh Lime Juice
• Splash of Tres Agaves
Cocktail Ready Agave Nectar
• Splash of Ginger Ale
Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Strain into a glass and top off with the ginger ale. Garnish with lime wheels and raspberries.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com