Tequila connoisseurs get ready to toast, because National Margarita Day is on Sunday, February 22nd. Here are five margaritas to test out, if you plan on sipping on the agave based spirit this weekend.
Look Better Naked Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
1. Mango Scotch Bonnet Margarita:
• 2 oz. Herradura
• 3/4 oz. Lime Juice
• 3 slices of Scotch Bonnet Pepper
• 3 cubic inches of Mango, diced
• 1/2 oz. Mango Jam
Crush mango and chili slices in the base of a shaker with a muddler. Add cubed ice and remaining ingredients. Shake hard and strain over ice in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a scotch bonnet chili and a roll of dried mango.
2. Margarita of the Year:
• 1 1/2 oz. Patrón Silver
• 1/2 oz. fresh Lime Juice
• 1/2 oz. Pineapple Juice
• 1/2 oz. Agave Nectar
• Pinch of Sweet Smoked Paprika
• Pinch of Smoked Sea Salt
Combine ingredients in shaker with ice. Shake and then strain into glass.
Cruzcumber Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
3. Look Better Naked Margarita:
• 1 1/2 oz. Partida Reposado Tequila
• 1/2 oz. Samazon Pure Organic Acai
• 3/4 oz. Partida Organic Agave Nectar
• 1/2 oz. Egg White
• 2 sprigs Rosemary
• 1 Lime, freshly squeezed
• Salt & Green Peppercorn for garnish
Rim a chilled cocktail glass with equal parts salt and fresh cracked green peppercorns. Remove rosemary leaves from stem and muddle in mixing glass until aromatic. Add liquid ingredients and ice, shake vigorously. Strain in to prepared cocktail class and garnish with rosemary sprig.
4. Cruzcumber Margarita:
• 1 1/2 parts Cruz Silver Tequila
• 1/2 part Triple Sec
• 2 parts of fresh squeezed Lime Juice
• 2 parts Simple Syrup
• 1 slice of fresh Cucumber
Mix together lime juice, triple sec, simple syrup and Cruz Silver Tequila. Muddle cucumber, shake, strain and serve over ice.
Mango Scotch Bonnet Margarita. (Courtesy Photo)
5. Chocolate Chip Margarita:
• 1 part Sauza Blue Silver 100% Agave Tequila
• 1 part JDK & Sons Crave Chocolate Chili Liqueur
• 3/4 part Half and Half
• 5 to 10 Chocolate Chips for garnish
In a shaker filled with ice combine Sauza Blue Silver, Crave Chocolate Chili, and half and half. Shake until chilled. Strain into martini glasses. Garnish with chocolate chips.
Margarita of the Year. (Courtesy Photo)
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com