Whether you're watching Olympians from across the world enter the Fisht Olympic Stadium during the Opening Ceremony or rooting for Team USA during one of the 98 events, here are five Olympic level libations to enjoy while cheering for American athletes in Sochi, Russia.
1. Gold Medal WINN:
We hope Team USA comes away with the most medals when the XXII Olympic Winter Games conclude.
• 2 oz. Inniskillin Gold Icewine
• 1 scoop Passion Fruit Sorbet (note: you can use muddled frozen fruit as an alternative)
• 4 leaves Basil
• Top with Club Soda
Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass, add ice, shake, strain over fresh ice into a highball glass and garnish with a basil leaves.
Dreaming Tree Wines. (Courtesy Photo)
2. American Spirit:
With 98 Olympic events, you have plenty of opportunities to show your American spirit.
• 2 oz. Vikingfjord Citrus Vodka
• 2 Dashes Campari
• 3 oz. Fever Tree Mediterranean Tonic Water
Combine all ingredients in a highball glass. Garnish with a grapefruit wedge.
3. American Sparkler:
Champagne is the ultimate spirit for any medal celebration.
• 1.5 oz. American Harvest
• 3/4 oz. Pomegranate Liqueur
• 2 to 3 oz. of Chilled Champagne or Dry Sparkling Wine
Combine all ingredients in a chilled champagne flute comine American harvest, Pomegranate liqueur, and Chilled Champagne (in that order). Garnish with a lemon twist if desired.
4. Dreaming Tree Wines:
This new wine portfolio, which was made in America, was created by award-winning winemaker Steve Reeder and world-renowned musician, Dave Matthews. The affordable collection has both red and white options.
5. The Americ-Inn:
Cheers to the U.S., who along with Germany are the only nations competing in every sport and discipline.
• 1 stalk Rosemary
• 3/4 oz. Cedilla Acai Liqueur (note: can substitute with Cassis)
• 1/4 oz. Lemon Juice, fresh squeezed or pre-made
• 2 oz. Inniskillin Riesling Icewine
In a martini glass, add rosemary and lemon juice and muddle, add remaining ingredients, add ice, shake, strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with lemon zest and / or a rosemary sprig.