Whether you're a vegetarian or simply enjoy a protein filled, meatless dish, House Foods' Tofu Chili is a delectable way to close out Vegetarian Awareness Month (October).
• 1 pkg House Foods Tofu
Extra Firm (drained and cubed)
• 1 Tbs
. olive oil
• 3/4 cup onion, chopped
• 1 bell pepper, seeded and chopped
• 1 jalepeno, seeded and chopped
• 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
• 2 Tbs. chili powder
• 1/2 tsp. cumin
• 1 Tbs. brown sugar
• 2 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 (16oz.) can kidney beans
• 1/2 cup vegetable broth
• 1 can low sodium tomato sauce
• dash paprika
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot.
2. Add onion and garlic and sauté until tender.
3. Add vegetable broth, bell pepper, jalepeno, chili powder, cumin, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and kidney beans, stirring to combine.
4. Add tomato sauce and simmer for about 30 minutes or until kidney beans and peppers are cooked through.
5. Add cubed tofu and cook additional minute or two.
6.Serve and enjoy.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.