We all know when creating a Super Bowl
menu, chicken wings will definitely be on it. While you can't go wrong with the classic hot wing, if you are looking to add some variation try Chef Lee Anne Wong's Bourbon Apple Glazed Chicken Wings (serves 4). As winner of "Iron Chef America
," editor of the Maker's Mark Cookbook and host of the new Cooking Channel series "Food Crawl," you know she doesn't throw any Hail Marys in the kitchen.
• 2 lbs chicken wings, trimmed
• 1 cup Maker's Mark Bourbon
• 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (12 ounces)
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
• 4 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium pot. Bring to boil on high heat and then reduce to a simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until the wings are tender and the glaze has reduced, coating the wings.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove the wings from the pot and transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the wings begin to color and the glaze becomes shiny. Garnish with minced scallions and apple. Serve immediately.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Newly Constructed Modern Farmhouse- Nest Seekers
This beautifully, newly constructed masterpiece by Breskin Development in Sag Harbor is located in a peaceful neighborhood, tucked away on a quiet Cul De Sac. Situated on a great builder’s acre, the home offers 7,100+- square feet of high end construction. Walking up to your new home, you notice the stunning exterior, featuring clapboard siding, a cedar and standing seem metal roof, Belgian block and peastone driveway, and an extensive bluestone patio.