We all know when creating a Super Bowl
menu, chicken wings will definitely be on it. While you can't go wrong with the classic hot wing, if you are looking to add some variation try Chef Lee Anne Wong's Bourbon Apple Glazed Chicken Wings (serves 4). As winner of "Iron Chef America
," editor of the Maker's Mark Cookbook and host of the new Cooking Channel series "Food Crawl," you know she doesn't throw any Hail Marys in the kitchen.
• 2 lbs chicken wings, trimmed
• 1 cup Maker's Mark Bourbon
• 1 can frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (12 ounces)
• 1/2 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup cider vinegar
• 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
• 4 large cloves garlic, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
1. Combine all of the ingredients in a medium pot. Bring to boil on high heat and then reduce to a simmer for 30 to 40 minutes until the wings are tender and the glaze has reduced, coating the wings.
2. Preheat the oven to 325°F. Remove the wings from the pot and transfer to a parchment lined sheet tray. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until the wings begin to color and the glaze becomes shiny. Garnish with minced scallions and apple. Serve immediately.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com