After a shutdown of nonessential businesses that lasted more than two months, Long Island will begin Phase 1 of reopening on Wednesday, May 27. Long Island and Manhattan are the final regions to hit all seven metrics (Decline in Total Hospitalizations, Decline in Deaths, New Hospitalizations, Hospital Bed Capacity, ICU Bed Capacity, Diagnostic Testing Capacity and Contact Tracing Capacity) needed for reopening.
New York is now "decidedly in the reopening phase" Governor Andrew Cuomo
said during his press conference on Sunday.
The following industries and business activities are included in Phase 1 of reopening:
• Construction, including: Building Equipment Contractors; Building Finishing Contractors; Foundation, Structure and Building Exterior Contractors; Highway, street and bridge construction; Land subdivision; Nonresidential building construction; Residential building construction; Utility system construction
• Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing and Hunting, including: Other animal and crop production; Support activities for animal and crop production; Support activities for forestry
• Retail - Limited to curbside or in-store pickup or drop off, including: Clothing stores; Direct selling establishments; Electronics and appliance stores; Electronic shopping and mail-order houses; Furniture and home furnishing stores; Florists; General merchandise stores; Health and personal care stores; Jewelry, luggage, and leather goods stores; Lawn and garden equipment and supplies stores; Office supplies, stationary and gift stores; Used merchandise stores; Shoe stores; Sporting goods, hobby, musical instrument, and book stores; Other miscellaneous store retailers
• Manufacturing, including: Apparel manufacturing; Computer and electronic product manufacturing; Electric lighting equipment manufacturing; Fabricated metal production manufacturing; Furniture and related product manufacturing; Leather and allied product manufacturing; Machinery manufacturing; Nonmetallic mineral product manufacturing; Paper manufacturing; Petroleum and coal products manufacturing; Plastics and rubber products manufacturing; Printing and related support activities; Textile mills and textile product mills; Wood product manufacturing; Other miscellaneous manufacturing
• Wholesale Trade
• Apparel, piece goods and notions; Chemical and allied products; Furniture and home furnishing; Household appliances and electrical/electronic goods; Machinery, equipment and supplies; Metal and mineral (except petroleum); Paper and paper product; Professional and commercial equipment and supplies; Electronic markets and agents and brokers; Miscellaneous durable goods and nondurable goods.
Following New York Forward, the Governor's reopening plan, each region will reopen businesses in phases, with at minimum two weeks in between each phase.
Phase Two includes Professional Services; Retail; Administrative Support; Real Estate / Rental & Leasing, Phase Three includes Restaurants / Food Services and Phase Four includes Arts / Entertainment / Recreation; Education.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home
We pay less,and so do you.With over 1,000 stores in our buying group, we can get the lowest prices
from the best flooring manufacturers — and pass the savings on to you.Visit our other locations: Hamptons Carpet One Floor & Home, 675 North Sea Road,Southampton, NY 11968
Southampton Masonry-Visiting the Southampton or the Wainscott locations is an exciting experience.
Southampton Masonry has been serving Long Island's masonry and tile needs since 1975. Delivering quality products from Manhattan to Montauk for over three decades. The company's continued success is due primarily to their number one priority: customer satisfaction, with a promise of prompt and courteous service from the professional, knowledgeable staff.
Southampton Masonry has the largest inventory on the east end. As direct importers they can offer a large variety of the finest quality products at the most competitive pricing for both your interior and exterior projects.
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
Burner Law Group, P.C.
Burner Law Group, P.C. are full service elder law attorneys concentrating in the areas of Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration and Litigation, Special Needs Planning, Guardianship and Elder Law. Offices in East Setauket‚ NY, Westhampton Beach, NY, and New York, NY.