Cool Down This Labor Day Weekend With Drunken Watermelon Popsicles
Chef Sarah Simms Hendrix created the Drunken Watermelon Popsicles recipe. (Courtesy Photo)
weekend poolside hangouts call for something refreshing and frozen. Chef Sarah Simms Hendrix combined two of everybody's favorite seasonal flavors to create a boozy summer cool down.
Drunken Watermelon Popsicles:
• 1 bottle Winc 2015 Cocomero Rosé
• 1 large watermelon
• 30 5-inch wooden skewers
1. Clean outside of watermelon. Dry. Cut in half lengthwise, and then cut those halves in half again. Slice each quarter into one-and-a-half-inch-thick triangular wedges.
2. Skewer each wedge from rind towards the tip.
3. Place all wedges in large bowl (tip down), and pour bottle of Cocomero rosé over wedges. Let soak for 10 minutes. Work in batches until all watermelon is soaked through.
4. Remove wedges from rosé, and lay flat on sheet tray lined with wax paper. Place layer of wax paper between each layer, and freeze for 24 hours before enjoying. Drunken popsicles last up to three weeks in the freezer.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.