Eat Your Way Through National Apple Month With These Crisp Apple Donuts
Apple pies are great, but if you're looking for a new sweet option after a day of apple picking in the Hamptons, try these Crisp Apple Donuts instead. And October is National Apple Month, so if you love apples, here's your excuse to use them in nearly everything you make.
Crisp Apple Donuts
Yield: 12 donuts plus holes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Inactive Time: 3 hours or overnight
For The Donuts:
• 1 cup Crisp Apple Sparkling Ice
• 6 tablespoons unsalted butter (room temperature)
• 1/2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend
• 2 eggs
• 1/4 cup whole milk
• 3 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 3 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
For The Cinnamon Sugar:
• 1 1/2 cups Splenda Sugar Blend
• 1/2 cup ground cinnamon
1. In a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together, on medium high speed for approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add eggs one at a time until combined. Slowly pour in the milk and half of the Sparkling Ice to the mixing bowl.
3. With the mixer on slow speed add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until just combined. The dough should look shaggy.
4. Slowly pour in the remaining amount of Sparkling Ice on medium speed for 2 minutes.
5. Tear 2 pieces of parchment paper the size of a baking sheet.
6. Line the first piece of parchment on a clean baking sheet and heavily dust with flour.
7. Turn out the dough onto the floured parchment and press evenly till its about 3/4 inch thick. (If the dough seems too sticky flour your hands before pressing.)
8. Lightly flour the top of the dough and place the second piece of parchment over the dough.
9. Refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
9. After refrigeration, heat enough oil to come up 2 inches from the bottom (in a deep frying pan) to 375 degrees using a candy thermometer.
10. Gently peel the top piece of parchment off the dough.
11. Using a floured donut cutter, punch out dough and place in hot oil.
12. Fry on each side for 2-3 minutes or until light brown. Adjust the heat if needed. Scoop on paper towel lined baking tray.
13. Combine cinnamon and Splenda in a large bowl.
14. While the donuts are still warm, toss with cinnamon and Splenda mixture until evenly coated.
15. Serve warm.
Nicole is the Editor-in-Chief of Hamptons.com where she focuses on lifestyle, nightlife, and mixology. She grew up in the Hamptons and currently resides in Water Mill. www.hamptons.com
East End Tick Control
The East End's only New York State licensed dedicated tick and mosquito control specialists!
Southrifty Drug 54 Jagger Lane, Southampton Village
Southrifty Drug is a small, neighborhood pharmacy with limited shelf space, and we have to be very selective about which over-the-counter items we carry. As a result you'll find a no nonsense concentration of very effective, high quality and useful products on our shelves. In this new section, we feature a number of these products that we feel are especially worthy of your consideration.
New York Title Abstract Services, Inc.
We are a title insurance services company dedicated to promptly delivering fully compliant and accurate reports, and title insurance, for residential and commercial real estate throughout New York State. Headquartered in the Hamptons, our professional team has extensive real estate experience and understands the business from all sides including title insurance, legal, sales, governmental, banking, and lending regulations.
As the owner’s representative our practice encompasses all aspects of a project from pre-purchase property due diligence, program development iterations, advisement on systems, analyze contracts/vendors, critical path analysis, feasibility and schedule. The strength of our approach is in facilitating organized communication. We strongly analyze all representations and warranties for the protection and benefit of our client.
The Citarella Standard. We’re passionate about sourcing and selling the world’s best seafood. When you order our fresh seafood online, what you receive always reflects the unrivaled standard of our markets. It’s hand-prepared, never frozen, and shipped overnight. 631-283-6600.